Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grabs, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 02 January to 15 January 2022, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) Police in Karnataka on Friday tightened security in the Afzalpur area of Kalaburagi district after stones were pelted, allegedly by Muslims, on the building of a Hindu mutt (monastery), whose seer had spoken against love jihad. The Siddalingeshwara Samsthan mutt’s building in Mashal village was attacked on Thursday night (December 28) when the seer, Kedar Sree Swamiji was sleeping inside, according to the police.
2) Vexed with his son and daughters for converting to Christianity, a man has donated his house worth Rs. 2 crores to a temple. The old man was upset that his converted children would not perform his final rites as per Hindu traditions and decided to give away his hard-earned property to the temple.
3) Juna Akhara head Mahamandaleshwar Swami Yatindranand Giri has commented on the issue of Kalicharan Maharaj who has been arrested by the Chhatisgarh police and has raised the question of those abusing Hindu deities roaming free. The Juna Akhara head pointed out that while the state has been quick to act against Kalicharan Maharaj for his statements on Gandhi, it never acts against those who insult Bhagwan Ram or address Maa Sita as adultress.
4) It was reported that Waqf Board had approached the Gujarat High Court (HC) staking claim on two Bet Dwarka islands. The HC, however, refused to hear the application, and expressing its displeasure it hit out saying “Are you aware of what you are saying? How can Waqf Board claim ownership of land in Krishnanagari?”
5) In a recent development as a part of the DMK government’s attempts to rob temple wealth, HRCE has approved a project to build a fish market near a temple using funds loaned from temples. After the document granting approval went viral in social media, BJP and Hindu organizations condemned this move questioning why the government needs temple wealth for a secular project.
6) Congress-led Chhattisgarh government’s plans to allot government land to Pakistan-based Dawat-e-Islami were scuttled after local BJP leaders opposed any such moves. BJP MLA from Chattisgarh’s capital Raipur, Brijmohan Agrawal had stated in a press conference that CM Bhupesh Baghel’s government is preparing to provide 10 hectares (~25 acres) of land to the radical Islamist organization based out of Karachi to build a ‘community building’ in Raipur.
7) A Muslim man named ‘Raju’ (not real name) from Kasganj in Uttar Pradesh groomed a 15-year-old student and abducted her while she was on the way to school. He then lured her into converting to Islam and ‘marry’ him. The pedophile then reportedly released a video alongside the girl where he was seen justifying his actions.
8) Employees of Karim’s restaurant, a famous eatery in Kolkata, have been accused of attacking customers with sharp knives and rods after a brawl broke out between the two parties. Jenifer Kirti Desai, sister of one of the victims, took to her Instagram account to share photos and videos of the incident.
9) Another case of grooming jihad was reported from Uttar Pradesh where an Islamist used a Hindu identity to groom his victim. A few years ago, Mohammed Shakir assumed the false identity of Shivam and groomed a minor girl. He forced her into a physical relationship and secretly filmed the act.
10) There have been 4 incidents of murti vandalism in the past one week in Tamil Nadu. Amman temple in Perambalur, Durga Devi temple in Ranipet and Shri Krishna’s murti in Coimbatore were vandalized in the past 7 days and only one of the perpetrators have been caught. Like other past instances, police have alleged that the perpetrator seems to be “mentally unstable”.
11) It came as no surprise when Congress’ national spokesperson and ex-NDTV journalist Supriya Shrinate rolled out the cliched trope of “The country which worships Devi is now auctioning women, while government and society watches” to shame Hindus over dubious and fringe BulliDeals app.
12) Two murtis were desecrated and damaged in a temple situated next to a Hindu crematorium in Meghalaya’s capital Shillong on Sunday night (January 2). The suspected hate crime occurred at the Marwari Samshan Bhoomi (crematorium) in the Mawbah area. The crime scene unit of the Meghalaya Police visited the site and collected evidence on Monday.
13) IIT Kharagpur’s Centre of Excellence for Indian Knowledge System has launched a calendar busting lies with respect to Bharatiya history thus far propagated by leftist historians. This move has miffed the cabal with leftist portals like The Wire and The Scroll attempting to discredit the effort.
14) Tamil Nadu HRCE department has stooped to a new low by allowing Halal-certified food items to be sold in a temple. After devotees questioned why food items unrelated to the temple and Halal certified are sold in the temple HRCE has sent notice to the stall owner.
15) The construction of a mosque on the iconic Raigad fort came to light recently as a video showing men moving stones for the same went viral on social media. The impunity with which the mosque is being built throwing rules to the wind has shocked users who pointed out that permission of the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), under whose aegis the fort falls, is needed even for minor repairs.
16) A video of famous hair stylist Jawed Habib spitting into a woman’s hair during a live training seminar in Muzaffarnagar, UP is going viral. He says “agar paani ki kami hai..” (if there is lack of water) before spitting into the scalp of the woman whose hair he is styling on stage. He then adds, “iss thook mein jaan hai” (there is life in this spit).
17) After endorsing ally MP Thirumavalavan’s opinion that Sanatana Dharma must be destroyed, TN Congress President KS Alagiri has now tweeted more derogatory remarks about Hindu dharma. He tweeted that no civilized society would accept Sanatana Dharma and termed it as his party’s principle stance about religion. While Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi continue to flash their “Kaul Brahmin” lineage in the North of the Vindhyas, their minions continue to denigrate Hindu dharma and its beliefs.
18) A Hindu youth named Tejkaran was shot in the leg by a group of Muslims led by Mohammad Siddiq at Bikaner’s Sohan Kothi complex leading to a tense situation in the area. The dispute between Tejkaran and the group of Muslims led to a five-hour blockade of the main road causing inconvenience to the public.
19) The Odisha cabinet on Wednesday decided to amend the Shri Jagannath Temple Act, 1954 for the immediate settlement of Jagannath land-related issues.
20) A new Manimandiram coming up at the famous Shangumugham temple near Thiruvanathapuram under the Travancore Devaswom Board has been designed like a cross. Nowhere else have we seen such construction in temples and it is against traditional temple architecture.
21) Leaders belonging to the Popular Front of India (PFI) were found using a SIM card bought using the Aadhaar details of a widowed Hindu lady. These leaders are also the same terrorists who directly took part in the brutal assassination of BJP OBC Morcha leader Renjith Sreenivasan on December 19, 2021.
22) Another shocking case of gang rape of a woman in the Muslim-dominated Basirhat constituency has shaken the state on the occasion of New Year.
23) PFI student wing unleashed violence over ‘Swamiye Saranam Ayyappa’ NCC war cry.
24) The cyber crime cell of Varanasi has arrested one Sanjay Rao of Chandauli district for fanning hatred through his social media account by posting objectionable messages against Hindu religion, Brahmins, and police.
25) An RSS functionary has been brutally attacked allegedly by Islamists in Tamil Nadu. Hindu organizations suspect the hand of Islamists as he had objected to a Muslim man dumping meat scraps in his property.
26) Complaint against the construction of an illegal mosque in Andhra Pradesh’s (AP) Kurnool district led to the Islamist mob violence.
27) Delhi police recovered a minor girl who had been kidnapped by one Naved alias Sameer. Available information suggests that she had been sexually exploited by Naved who reportedly even forced her to undergo an abortion and convert to Islam.
28) Yet another shocking instance of an Indian school trying to brainwash and instill an inferiority complex in Hindu students has come to light. A Maths teacher named Sarika Rana at Orchids The International School in BTM Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka has been accused of promoting Islam and teaching children to pray to Allah, the ‘better God’, when the students were facing problems in solving some sums.
29) Hindus belonging to Kundikala hamlet in Chhatisgarh’s Sarguja District have vowed to boycott Muslims who threatened to kill all Hindus and burn the village after a scuffle between residents of Aara village and Kundikala village on January 1. A video showing Hindus taking oath regarding the same emerged on social media (SM) on January 6.
30) Hindu organizations have opposed the move to shift HRCE run school’s girl students to a Muslim school.
31) In a horrible turn of events, a family has been ruined by the DMK government’s fascism. DMK government filed a case on an old man who complained about a substandard Pongal gift kit. As a result, his son self-immolated himself unable to bear the harassment and shame.
1) A glaring case in point of Pakistan exporting terror to Bharat using NGOs is that of Khurram Parvez who through his organization called Jammu Kashmir Coalition of Civil Society (JKCCS) worked as a Pakistani conduit for close to two decades, aiding in recruiting local Kashmiris as militants and financing them.
1) Hindus in Bangladesh have received a shocking New Year’s ‘greeting’. Raw beef packed in polythene bags was hung on the doors of three Hindu temples and a house in Gendukuri village of Lalmonirhat district’s Hatibandha Upazila in the early hours of Friday. This is a border district of Bangladesh adjacent to the northern part of West Bengal.
2) In a recent video that has surfaced online, a victimized Hindu man in Bangladesh narrates how he has been under attack by local Muslims who are eyeing his land. Reportedly, the video is from Jalla, Sylhet municipality, Sylhet Bangladesh, where religious fanatics had threatened 24 Hindu families forcing them to leave the country. In the visuals coming in from Bangladesh, that HinduPost has not been able to verify independently, Hindu victim named Monendraranjan Dey stated that the Chairman of Madani city society had been trying to grab 11.44 acres Hindu land and wants to drive out the Hindu families from their own land.
3) The Awami League presents itself as a minority-friendly, ‘secular’ political party but its members are often seen persecuting religious minorities in the country. Two such incidents have come to light recently, in the lead-up to civic polls in Bangladesh.
1) Hindu religious offerings were kicked and thrown away by Islamists in Lumajang, East Java province, Indonesia. A video of the incident was shared by several handles recently.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected] We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.