Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grabs, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 29 August to 04 September 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) A 20-year-old girl from an SC (Scheduled Class) Hindu community was abducted and forced to change her religion to Islam in a locality under Majhola police station in Western UP’s Moradabad district. An FIR has been registered against 5 Muslim men, and police teams have been deployed to trace the girl and nab the accused.
2) Whether it is West Bengal, Punjab, or Karnataka, celebrating your Hindu identity or working for any Hindu organization has become a deadly enterprise in the secular Republic of Bharat. In yet another such attack, ‘unknown miscreants’ set on fire a roadside fish shop belonging to a Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) activist in Karnataka. The incident took place at Helegetu in Uppinangady, Dakshina Kannada district, on the national highway. Ashok, the owner of the shop, had stored fish and ice.
3) In a matter of grave concern, a 22-year-old Hindu girl has been trafficked to Bangladesh from Barasat, West Bengal. The accused has been identified as Alex Afrin Rik, a Bangladeshi national who was residing in Haringhata, Nadia district of West Bengal illegally with the fake identity of Rajdeep Biswas.
4) In this age, more than guns and bombs, it is information that is considered a more potent weapon. Dravidianists who excel at propaganda recognized it correctly and are excelling at it even more after the advent of social media. Especially on YouTube, they have built a fort of misinformation against Brahmins to ensure that the hatred against the community keeps growing. And if you scratch the surface, you will realize that the real target is Hindu Dharma – ‘anti-Brahminism’ is just the first stage, the Dravidianists’ hatred actually extends to the entire Hindu religion.
5) Covid-19 becomes a handy excuse to totally suppress Janmashtami festivities in Maharashtra leading politicians to spar.
6) Instances of Islamists faking Hindu identity to trap Hindu girls are on the rise with the latest one being reported from Uttar Pradesh (UP). As per reports, a 22-year-old Dalit woman fell victim to Intaak’s grooming who took on the Hindu identity of Aman Sharma to exploit her.
7) The web series glorifying Turko-Mongol invader Babur is now being promoted by so-called Hindus or rather HINOs (Hindus in name only) at a time when people have launched uninstall Hotstar campaign after the platform refused to look into grievances raised by fans.
8) MP (Madhya Pradesh) police have taken Altamash Khan, Imran Ansari, Javed Khan, and Sayyed Irfan into custody for their conspiracy to incite communal violence. As per available information, the four were planning to fire bullets at Hindu organization rallies to trigger riots as a protest against the Muslim bangle seller incident in MP’s Indore.
9) Sharpshooter and murderer Saifuddin returning to his home state West Bengal after looting a jewelry shop and murdering a businessman in Mysore, Karnataka, was arrested at the Kolkata airport and is being sent back to Karnataka for further investigations. Known for producing one of the maximum number of IT professionals employed in Karnataka, West Bengal is now earning itself a name for increasing numbers of grooming jihadis and anti-social elements hailing from a particular community. Saifuddin is just another addition to the already extensive list.
10) Another case of grooming Jihad has come to light from the Aligarh district of Uttar Pradesh. Two years ago a Muslim youth named Shahrukh introduced himself as Deepak to entice and trap a Hindu girl. He succeeded and the two started a relationship but later the woman was pushed into prostitution.
11) Complaints have been filed against Christian organizations BOUI (Bible Open University of India) and AITCC (All India True Christian Council) by Legal Right Protection Forum (LRPF) with the Union Home Secretary in connection with the seditious and secessionist speeches made by the bodies as well as for their involvement in sexual exploitation of minors.
12) Hindus in Bathinda took to the streets on Janmashtami to protest against the remarks of Congress councilor Sukhraj Aulakh. The Congress leader is alleged to have passed despicable remarks against Hindu women, Hindu Dharma, and its rituals.
13) A minor girl from a Hindu Vanvasi community in West Bengal was rescued with the help of BJP leader and President of social organization Singha Bahini, Devdutta Maji, earlier last week. The girl who had gone missing was rescued from Haryana and reunited with her parents who have expressed their immense gratitude to Maji and demanded exemplary punishment for the Muslim youth and his father for plotting the grooming and abduction of their minor daughter.
14) On Saturday, 29th August, West Bengal police recovered a mutilated dead body from a passengers’ waiting area along the Falakata-Madarihat state highway in West Shalkumar. The woman has been identified as a mentally challenged homeless woman in her mid-20s who was a familiar face among the residents of Falakata town in West Bengal’s Alipurduar district.
15) A woman lawyer, who attempted to barge into a temple with her dogs and slapped the priest (pujari) when he stopped her from doing so, is now crying victim in what is nothing but a show of highhandedness. The woman has even approached the bar council alleging misbehavior on the part of the DGP.
16) In yet another grooming jihad case, a young Hindu girl alighted a train in New Delhi and ran to the Government Railway Police (GRP) station and informed the officials that she was kidnapped by a Muslim youth named Kabir.
17) Man who tried to lure Hindus into conversion has been arrested in Varanasi. He is said to have offered money to women in return for abusing Hindu deities. After the locals lodged a complaint against him, Varanasi police arrested him on September 1.
18) Ram Chandra, a Varanasi resident was arrested from Azamgarh, UP after locals protested when he used derogatory words against Hindu Gods. He was trying to lure poor Hindu SC women with money to convert to Christianity. Christian literature was found from the accused who was operating in the area for the last three months.
19) A minor Hindu girl, aged 15, resident of Kamaruddinpur village near Jaunpur, East UP, hung herself from the fan using a sari as a noose. In her five-line suicide note, the teenager said that she was taking the extreme step after being molested and harassed by some men in the village.
20) A follower of Periyar EV.Ramasamy has been arrested for hurting religious sentiments by placing a Hindu deity’s photo on a chappal. Bhoopati, a Periyarist who runs a shop near a temple in Kanchipuram was arrested after Hindu Munnani filed a complaint against him for hurting Hindus’ religious sentiments.
21) The dead body of a 17-year-old Hindu girl was recovered from a local pond in Narola village of Shajapur district of MP on August 23. The girl had been missing from her residence in Narola village for a couple of days. Her family members had approached the local police and lodged a formal complaint, expressing their suspicion on three men, namely, Saqib Khan, Salamuddin Khan, and Iqbal Baig, for the disappearance of their daughter.
22) A government school teacher in Congress-ruled Chattisgarh has been accused of thrashing students and denigrating Hindu deities. A video in this regard is circulation where students have confirmed that the teacher not just assaulted them but also made objectionable comments on Hindu deities.
1) Even as Hindus all over the world were celebrating Krishna Janmashtami on August 30, a temple in Pakistan was vandalized by Islamists for doing the same. The incident came to light after Pakistani Christian activist Rahat Austin and journalist Aditya Raj Kaul tweeted about the incident.
1) Muslims brutally attacked a Hindu family injuring more than 3 people at Chingrakhali, Shamnagar P.S. Shatkira district.
2) Hindu boy Jay Saha was brutally murdered by Muslims at East Paikpara, Sadar Bhramanbaria P.S, Bhramanbaria district.
1) It shocked Hindus: a conference on ‘Dismantling Global Hindutva’, supported by 38 US universities. Speakers are the usual leftists mainly with Hindu names. And of all dates, it is scheduled from 10-12. September.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected]. We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.