Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grab, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 2 May 2021 to 15 May 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) Another case of grooming Jihad has come to light from Shahjahanpur of Uttar Pradesh. Based on a complaint by a lady, police have registered a case against an Islamist named Kafeel his friend Farid Ahmed, mother Zayda Begum, and sister-in-law Fiza. The victim’s family has also filed a case against the Samajwadi Party (SP) district president for his alleged role. Kafeel allegedly hid his Muslim identity to trap a Hindu girl.
2) A shocking incident of missionaries trying to scare a 7-year-old Hindu girl into conversion has come to light. In Modakurichi, Erode, TN, an assembly constituency where BJP candidate Dr.CK.Saraswathi won despite all odds, parents of the minor filed a complaint in the local police station after the child confessed to them that 2 women have been compelling her to convert to Christianity.
3) The staggering scale of the anti-Hindu pogrom taking place in West Bengal was revealed by MLA Suvendu Adhikari while talking to a reporter yesterday. Around 1 lakh Hindu supporters of BJP and their families have fled their homes, fearing for their lives in the state-wide violence unleashed by TMC goons since election results were announced on May 2, Adhikari said.
4) Gang rape of a housewife associated with the BJP and attempts to kill her by forcing her to consume poison has sparked protests in Khejuri of Purba Medinipur district, West Bengal. The victim is a resident of Baralata, Maldah from the Khejuri constituency and was known as a prominent BJP karyakarta in the locality. Residents and BJP workers said that some men, believed to be linked to the ruling TMC, had abducted her on the night of Tuesday, May 4th. She was brutally gang-raped after which the accused tried to murder her by forcing her to consume poison.
5) Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) South Delhi Atul Bhatia said, that the Greater Kailash Police station team has arrested two persons, and also seized 10 medical oxygen concentrators and 82 plastic pipes used in concentrators, 3,486 digital thermometers, 263 digital gun thermometers, 684 oximeters, and 10 nebulizers. The accused was identified as Saeed, a resident of Jamia Nagar, and four medical oxygen concentrators, 10 infrared machines, 20 oximeters, and 40 thermometers were found in his possession. During questioning, he stated that he works with one Muqueem and shares profit.
6) Farah Khan Ali, daughter of actor Sanjay Khan, on Sunday put out a tweet wishing death for ‘bhakts’ and their loved ones. Her tweet exemplifies the kind of hatred these so-called liberal celebrities have for anyone who doesn’t subscribe to their ideology. These liberals who harbor hatred for Hindus and their political opponents often accuse of ‘Sanghis’ being hateful. They attempt to dehumanize Hindus by using the jibe Sanghis for them and are now normalizing death for ‘bhakts’ and their families.
7) Imran Khan, the newly elected village Pradhan (head) of Mangra village in the Ramganj area of Amethi, UP has been arrested for claiming to make a ‘Naya Pakistan’ (New Pakistan) in the village. Pakistan PM Imran Khan had also swept to victory in the last elections in his country promising a ‘Naya Pakistan’.
8) Hindus who are BJP supporters in West Bengal have become victims of post-poll violence and sexual assaults. Now, news details have emerged which show that what has happened since 2 May, and is still happening, in West Bengal, is a black mark on democracy. It will shake the faith of every Hindu towards our democracy, where the mere exercise of voting rights invites such a brutal pogrom from the winning party.
9) Hindus of West Bengal, already reeling under large-scale violence supported by the ruling dispensation, are now faced with the threat of Jizya. After innumerable brutal killings, mass rapes, and driving people out of their homes, now the next step that follows Islamist domination of any geography, the Jizya has been introduced in the state. As we had reported earlier, tens of thousands of Bengali Hindus have been displaced and forced to abandon their villages, with many forced to even seek refuge in neighboring states like Assam. During the exodus, many Hindus had left their rickshaws, cycles, or two-wheelers in the villages which were picked up by TMC and Islamist goons. These criminals are now demanding a hefty sum of money to return these belongings to the poor Hindus who are trying to return to their regular life routine.
10) Thieves trespassed into the Sree Vishalakshi Samatha Kashi Vishwanada Chataram Temple in the Kukatpally Housing Board area of Hyderabad on Monday night and decamped with the murti and other valuables. The temple priest, Venkateshwara Sharma discovered the burglary when he arrived to open the temple for Tuesday morning poojas. The temple opens at 5.30 am and closes at 8.30 pm. The culprits had broken the locks of three small temples of various deities inside the main temple.
11) TMC goons murdered Hindu man Arup Ruidas on May 5.
12) A Hindu woman was gang-raped by TMC goons at Khajuri, Mednapur WB.
13) More than 40 Hindus forced to flee from their homes in Bengal’s Amta Bidhansava.
14) A 9-year-old Hindu schoolgirl was gang-raped and killed on May 5 by a group of 17 Islamists jihadis in Lakhimpur, Assam.
15) Grassroot Hindus and Hindu families particularly Hindu women targeted by Mamata Banerjee’s TMC goons in unprecedented post-poll violence.
1) A minor Hindu girl named Leylan Kohli was gang-raped for 4 days by Mohammad Tanveer and his friends in the Sindh province of Pakistan. However, this was not the end to the misery of the poor victim and her family. The culprits are now adamant to take Leylan away from her parents on ‘religious’ grounds stating that she recited Kalima (kalma) during rape so she’s Muslim now, and so cannot live with her ‘infidel’ family and must be handed over to them.
1) Popular film and TV actor Chanchal Chowdury faced a flurry of abuse and communal comments, including calls to convert to Islam, after posting a photo with his mother on Facebook for Mother’s Day. Many Bangladeshis were not aware that their favorite actor was Hindu, and were ‘astonished’ to see his mother’s photo where she could be seen sporting sindoor (vermillion, a red powder that is applied as a streak along the parting of a married Hindu woman’s hair).
2) More than 8 Hindus were injured when an attempt was made by Islamists to evict them from their land at Jakigonj Upazila of Sylhet District.
3) Islamists Mohammad Murshed Shek, Billal Shek, Salaman Shek brutally attacked a Hindu family. Hindu woman was humiliated by Muslims, 03 men and a woman were injured at Chamta Nadia P.S. Shariyatpur district Barisha Division.
4) A Hindu temple was attacked and looted as well as all vigrahas were plundered by local Muslims at Adirmari Madhupur, P.S, Lalmonirhat district on May 3.
5) Islamists led by Mohammad Ayub Ali Anju Ali attacked a Hindu family on May 3 at Nayakpara Military, Sadar Upazila of Lalmonirhat district. More than 02 innocent Hindus were injured.
6) Hindu girl Bhumika Rani forcefully abducted & converted to Islam by Mohammad Rana at Amdai, Sadar P.S Jaypurhat District.
7) Hindu temple attacked and looted by Islamists at Chandranath, Shotakundha P.S, Feni district on 12 May.
8) Islamists Mohammad Nasir and Awal Islam brutally attacked a Hindu family. Hindu woman was humiliated by Muslims, 03 men and a woman were injured at Hizla Chitalmari P.S. Bagerhat district on May 12.
1) Hindus have come forward to oppose Hinduphobic depictions in school textbooks. Hindu American parents in the town of Plano, Texas are trying to get the Plano ISD (Independent School District) to correct its textbooks that give racist, pro-colonial depictions of Hindu Dharma and the Hindu community.
2) A Hindu caregiver in her early thirties from Idukki in Kerala named Soumya Santhosh was killed by terrorists at Ashkelon in Israel. The hospital where she was caring for an 80-year-old Israeli woman came under multiple missile attacks from Hamas Islamic terrorists based out of Palestine, killing both of them. Back home Soumya is survived by her husband and a nine-year-old son Adon in her hometown of Cheruthoni.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected]. We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.
HinduPost is now onTelegram. For the best reports & opinions on issues concerning Hindu society, subscribe to HinduPost on Telegram.