Kerala police on Sunday arrested a 65-year-old priest, ‘Father’ Basil Kruiakose serving as principal of King David International School, on charges of sexually abusing an 11-year-old boy student in the dormitory of the residential schoool.
As per a report in New Indian Express –
“Fr Basil Kuriakose abused the boy in the dormitory of the school’s hostel when the other students had gone home to spend Christmas holidays. He committed the crime while sleeping with the boy on December 21 night.
The school is run by a charitable trust, and is not linked to any religious organisation. The accused had joined the residential school as principal after retiring from an aided school. His wife is a retired professor, and the couple has a son settled in Australia. “Denying the charges, Fr Basil in his statement said though he had shared the room with the boy on the day, he did not abuse him,” said police officials.
“The incident came to light after the boy revealed the matter to his elder brother, when he visited his home at Kottayam on December 23. On being informed by the victim’s brother, their mother who along with her husband is working in Haryana, came to Kerala and filed a complaint at the Kunnathunadu police station,” they added. A case was been registered against Fr Basil under Section-377 of the IPC, and various Sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual offences Act (POCSO Act).”
Another report informs us that the parents are a Malayali couple settled in Haryana who admitted their son in the boarding school near Moovattupuzha to get him acquainted with the culture of Kerala. “The accused stripped the boy before molesting him. He also tried to sodomise him,” police said.
What Media Hides
The mainstream English media has not reported the name of the school and has also claimed that the school is run by a charitable trust, and is not linked to any religious organisation. But such subterfuge and spin often gets called out on social media, which explains why the establishment is so upset with ‘online trolls’.
One report tells us that Basil Kuriyakose is Principal of Kings David International School. And @by2kaafi reveals the nature of the charitable trust behind this school –
— URFD00m (@by2kaafi) January 1, 2017
So the school is run by St. Thomas Mission Charitable Society, Dallas, Texas and the trust on its own website says that the school is running ‘under the patronage of the Jacobite Syrian Church’ – if this does not show a religious link, then what does? Can we imagine the outrage if a school linked to a Hindu religious math or even to RSS had witnessed such a sickening crime?
But such double standards and reticence in MSM when reporting crimes by members of the Christian Church or Islamic organizations is par for the course. For too long, sexual abuse, cheating, financial corruption and anti-national activism by the secular establishment has been swept under the carpet by a pliant media, as their sole agenda is demonization of Hindutva and Hindu organizations.
Another example of this servile attitude, which extends to politics, police and judiciary, is the case of CSI (Church of South India – a powerful body representing various Protestant Christian denominations) priest Jacob Livingston, who was involved in a drunk driving case where he hit & run a 50 year old lady who later passed away due to her injuries – but police filed the case as an ‘accident’.
+Bhavani, TN. Cops file case as accident and not caused by drunk driving by CSI Priest Livingston. People protest.https://t.co/BaeX2nCfnI
— URFD00m (@by2kaafi) January 1, 2017
Bhavani, Tamil Nadu. Hit&Run. Car driven by drunk CSI Priest Jacob Livingston hits Subbulakshmi. Ppl chased & nabbedhttps://t.co/cvL0ZhxiQC
— URFD00m (@by2kaafi) December 23, 2016
Incidents of sexual abuse by Christian priests at missionary educational institutions or children shelters/orphanages in Bharat is a regular occurrence. Some cases which HinduPost has tracked in recent years (the below is by no means an exhaustive list of all such cases) –
- November 2016: Two Christian women teachers Nutan Joseph and Indu, of the ‘reputed’ St. Xavier’s missionary school in Patna were arrested for allegedly having sex with a five-year-old girl student. School Principal, ‘Father’ Jacob, is also under suspicion and his role is being investigated by police.
- Aug 2016: Lancy Lobo, the vice-principal of St. Fidelis College in Lucknow UP, was arrested on charges of harassing a class VIII girl student of his school. Last month, Lobo was released on bail as State counsel submitted that the government had no objection. (we thank @Counter_Part_X for sharing this news)
- April, 2016: Vatican directed the South India Catholic Church to reinstate an Indian Catholic priest, Joseph Palanivel Jeyapaul, who was convicted of sexually assaulting minor girls in USA
- Dec 2015: Forcibly converted to Christianity, hung by the wrists from a ceiling fan, starved for days, force fed beef and beaten mercilessly for failing to recite Bible passages—this is what a nine-year-old boy had to endure at an illegal Christian shelter run by the Emmanuel Seva Group in Greater Noida and Meerut.
- Mar 2013: Grace Home, run by Pastor Jacob John, was raided in March 2013 and 53 children from North Eastern states like Manipur and Nagaland rescued. 4 children died due to their ordeal, a number of minor girls were sexually exploited, one got pregnant, and many suffered from severe physical deformities and mental retardation.
- Jan 2013: Father Egidius Francis Falcao, vice-principal of the National Institute of Open Schooling study centre at Don Bosco high school, Pune was arrested for allegedly molesting and attempting to rape a 14-year-old girl student. Police investigations revealed that Father Falcao was involved in similar incidents in previous schools in Mumbai and had been asked to resign from there – yet, he got bail in a few weeks.
Often, these offending priests get away citing persecution – Christian bodies start a whisper campaign to explain the charges as ‘dirty politics’ insinuating the shady hand of ‘fascist Hindutva organizations’. Police and administration too fall weak in front of the combined might of the secular establishment.
How much longer will be let our children suffer at the altar of secularism and political correctness?
Did you like this report? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.