Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grab, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 18 April 2021 to 24 April 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) Ashwini Kumar, the Station House Officer of Kishanganj police station in Bihar was lynched to his death at Pantapara in West Bengal, while on a raid to catch an absconding bike thief named Firoz Alam. Vishwa Hindu Parishad general secretary, Milind Parande called the area a den of Islamic Jihadis. They are now no-go zones for cops. The current situation is so bad that even petty thieves are able to gather mobs that are being instigated for violence against officers of the law, from loudspeakers attached to Mosques.
2) A Muslim woman who had recently married a Hindu man was attacked by her relatives with a knife and had to be hospitalized. This dastardly act took place at Kalanjoor in the Pathanamthitta district of Kerala. The attackers were the woman’s own sister and brother-in-law.
3) After the cases of spitting on roti by Muslim cooks in Meerut and Modinagar were reported recently, now a case of spitting in water by a barber in Kakod of Bulandshahr, UP, has come to light. On receiving the complaint, the police have registered a case against the accused and started an investigation. The incident came to light on 25 March after a medical store owner complained to the police.
4) Suhail Pasha, a BJP leader from Uttarkhand who is the BJP Minority Morcha’s former District President in Dehradun, tendered his resignation on 16 April Friday after a video showing him boasting about making the village ‘Brahmin free’ went viral.
5) In what looks like an attempt to destroy Hindu rituals and communal harmony in the area, graffiti was seen scribbled inside a temple. The incident happened at Perunthra Bhagavathy Temple near Vamanapuram in Thiruvananthapuram district. The acronym SDPI was scribbled in English on the walls, the bronze-clad bali kallu (altar stone) was defiled using something black, the walls of the shrine painted in green, and a similar colored powder strewn inside the temple. The temple is governed by the government-controlled Travancore Devaswom Board.
6) Sufi leader of Ajmer dargah Khadim Syed Sarwar Chishti warned Hindus saying that they (Muslims) had been the rulers and Hindus their subjects and Muslims will ruler over Hindus again if the latter attempt to provoke the Muslims. The Sufi Maulana was speaking at a gathering supposedly to condemn the insult of Mohammed.
7) Hinduphobic CPM Minister G. Sudhakaran made anti-women & casteist remarks against ex-aide’s wife. Kerala Public Works Department Minister and top CPI-M leader G. Sudhakaran is in a bind following a comment that he allegedly made against the wife of a former staff member. The woman on Wednesday complained that she is facing threats and the police are acting slowly on the complaint.
8) The bodies of two pujaris were found in the Dharohar Mahadev temple in the Khirhar police station area of Madhubani district, the police said on Wednesday. As per an IANS report, both Hindu priests were beheaded by unidentified criminals and the motive for the crime could not be ascertained so far. The incident took place on Tuesday night.
1) A Hindu businessman in his early fifties named Shankar Lal was shot dead in broad daylight by three men on a motorcycle near Shikarpur in the Sindh province of Pakistan. A trader in grains, Shankar was on his way to his shop in the local market when he was attacked. The killers fired three bullets into Shankar and he was declared brought dead by the time he was rushed to the local hospital.
2) On 22nd April 2021, Pakistan’s Larkana Court handed over the forced converted Hindu girl Aarti to her kidnapper Fawad, she was not allowed to meet with her parents. She was kidnapped on 3rd April & forced to convert & married off to Fawad.
3) 12-year-old Hindu Girl Rekha Kolhi daughter of Roopo Kolhi was abducted by 60-year-old man Hanif Bozdar, the landlord is already married and has 3 Children in Sindh Pakistan.
1) Bangladeshi Hindus continue to face almost daily attacks from Islamists. The month of April 2021 started with the shameful incident of Shahim Ahmed, a Muslim headmaster of Nurnagar Ashalata Secondary School, marrying his former Hindu girl student on April 10th. Shamim Ahmed has three wives and married the Hindu minor as his fourth, and has aided in her conversion to Islam.
2) Hindu businessman Shusil Chandra was attacked by Mohamad Mamun Mia at Dasmonia P.S, Patuakhali district.
3) Hindu homes were attacked in Ramu P.S, S Coxbazar district by Mohammad Abdul Huque in which more than 5 innocent Hindus were injured.
4) Hindu girl Puja Mondal was murdered by her Muslim boyfriend at Monirampur Jessore district.
5) A Hindu family was attacked and more than 2 innocent Hindus were injured by Awami League leaders at Homna P.S, Comilla district.
6) Muslim gang headed by Mohammad Jillu grabbed homes of Hindus and their pond in an attempt to kick out more than five Hindu families at Chingrakhali, Morelganj Upazila of Bagerhat district of Khulna Division in Bangladesh.
7) A Hindu girl Brishti Mohanta was forcefully abducted & converted to Islam by Mohammad Jashim at Ranishankail P.S Tagorgaon District.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected]. We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.
HinduPost is now on Telegram. For the best reports & opinions on issues concerning Hindu society, subscribe to HinduPost on Telegram.