As per the statement recorded by Swapna Suresh under Section 164, a Customs Department affidavit submitted in Kerala High Court indicates shocking revelations. In a damning turn of events for the ruling communist party, the disclosures clearly mention the role of the Chief Minister of Kerala, the assembly speaker, and three cabinet rank ministers, amongst others in the gold and dollar smuggling saga.
This is what the customs had to say
“It is submitted that in the 108 Statement and 164 Statement the 1st respondent(Swapna Suresh) has made shocking revelations about the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Hon’ble Speaker of Kerala Legislative Assembly and some Hon’ble Ministers of the State Cabinet.”
“She has made shocking revelations about the Chief Minister’s close connections with the previous Consul General of UAE and the illegal monetary transactions carried out. Her close connection with the Chief Minister and his Principal Secretary and a personal staff was also revealed by the 1st respondent (Swapna Suresh). She has also stated with clarity about smuggling of foreign currency at the instance of the Hon’ble Chief Minister and the Hon’ble Speaker with the help of the Consulate. She has also clearly stated about the improper and illegal activities of 3 Hon’ble Ministers of the State Cabinet and the Hon’ble Speaker. She has further stated about the involvement and the kickbacks received by high-profile persons from various deals.”
“During the further proceedings in the case or in other proceedings that may arise in future the disclosures made by the Customs Preventive Commissionerate the 1st respondent will have serious impact and are likely to cause serious prejudice to the persons above said. They being high profile politicians and holding high positions in the government are capable of repelling by all means. Therefore, the apprehension of the 1st respondent regarding her safety in prison and threat to her life is perfectly justified. She cannot be found fault with for seeking protection as the facts disclosed being highly sensitive.”
Swapna has said that Pinarayi Vijayan had direct links and financial dealings with the Consul General of the UAE embassy attached to its Tiruvananthapuram unit. Vijayan and speaker P Sreeramakrishnan initiated deals that led to black money being transacted in dollars and many higher-ups also received kickbacks. The UAE Consul left Bharat in the wake of the controversy which only helped cement the doubts.
These revelations were not given to the compromised state police but to customs officials during investigations and were subsequently recorded in the presence of a magistrate. Swapna and her family now have to face the wrath of the rich and powerful. It is the duty of the court and intelligence agencies to make sure that no harm falls upon such a key witness in the case.
Swapna petitioned the court that she was being harassed and intimidated in jail and sought protection from jail officials. Her earlier cries had fallen on deaf ears and the local police that investigated the case came up with ‘no evidence’.
Swapna was specifically chosen for such deals with the Arabs since she was fluent in both Arabic and Malayalam and acted as a translator between local leaders, bureaucrats, and UAE diplomatic staff. Her protection, which has to be done urgently should be entrusted to central agencies lest we lose a walking talking dictionary of serious reverse hawala financial deals that happened carefully camouflaged as ‘charitable projects’ in Kerala.
A perfect example of how to topple an investigation.
- The Kerala Prisons department disputes a Chief Judicial Magistrate’s (CJM) order that asked it to provide Swapna with adequate protection in jail. This order originated after Swapna herself approached the Magistrate seeking help. Why would the prison department (under the police department, reporting to the Home Minister of the state who also happens to the Chief Minister of Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan himself) be aggrieved against the CJM’s order and approach the High Court (HC) is in itself open for debate. That was when the customs department informed the HC about the revelations and the dangers that Swapna now faces.
Incidentally, had the police department remained silent, not submitted a writ against the court order, and provided protection as directed, these revelations would not have come out in the public domain, at least not yet!
- Even if we forget Swapna, the local police haven’t done a perfect job when it comes to the protection of Customs Officials. Incidentally, the officer-in-charge who filed the affidavit in court is the Customs Preventive Commissioner, Sumit Kumar. Recently, the vehicle that Sumit was traveling was targeted near Malappuram and a police case was registered. Nothing much happened of that incident.
- The Customs goes on to add that the police threatened Swapna not to reveal the names of high-profile VIPs and now the investigating customs officials themselves are barred from meeting Swapna in jail. It is alleged that the order barring the customs officials came directly from the highest police officer of Kerala.
Interestingly, Swapna has not been granted bail since she is booked under COFEPOSA act that in itself denies bail for one year to the arrestee, but the act also stipulates that it is imperative that the accused can meet her visitors in the presence of customs officials, only.
- The customs reminded the court that Kerala prisons have a notorious history of prisoners being tortured while the ones convicted in political murder cases receive “undue facilities and freedom“. They are also the same ones that are used to do the dirty work of their political masters.
- In another shocker, that bared how even central investigating agencies are tied down, an Economic Offenses Court rejected an application by the Enforcement Directorate seeking copies of the statements given by Swapna to customs officials. The court bizarrely stated that confidential statements given by one officer cannot be shared with another officer!
That a single customs officer’s (left-leaning) false statement was enough to paint the whole community in black is also a factor that needs to be pondered upon.
Unless we first and foremost get our house in order, each and every department will have to investigate and work on their own! Unless something is done to coordinate all investigating agencies like the State Police, NIA, ED, Customs, CBI, RAW etc. we will be groping in the dark which is also exactly what our enemies want.
A safer more secure witness protection program that involves the whole family has to be initiated in the absence of which no big fish will ever be caught, especially when it comes to politicians and their cronies.
Such shocking revelations against any other sitting CM and his cabinet, especially if the CM were branded as ‘pro-Hindu’, would have led to howls of protests demanding his resignation from the Lutyens’ intelligentsia and secular cabal. But Pinarayi Vijayan, arguably the most powerful Communist leader in the country today who represents the worst of this grotesque fascist ideology, is celebrated as a ‘social progressive’ messiah by our MSM and left-liberals.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.
HinduPost is now on Telegram. For the best reports & opinion on issues concerning Hindu society, subscribe to HinduPost on Telegram.