Delhi Minority Commission (DMC) Chairman Zafarul-Islam Khan has posted a disturbing message on Facebook. Thanking Kuwait for ‘standing with’ Indian Muslims, he reminds ‘Hindutva bigots’ that the Arab and Muslim world cares about the ‘persecution’ of Muslims in India over and above any economic stakes. He ends his message with a veiled threat – “the day Indian Muslims complain to the Arab and Muslim world, you will face an avalanche.”
Recently, many Hindu NRIs living in the Middle East & Gulf region have been hounded, sacked from their jobs, some even arrested for alleged anti-Islamic remarks on social media. A cabal of Indian Islamists, liberals, Pakistanis, and Indian Muslim journalists working in Gulf have carried out this operation in a targeted manner – often twisting remarks made by Hindus, in favour of CAA or in criticism of Tablighi Jamaatis criminal behavior during Covid-19 pandemic, out of context and reporting them to employers and authorities in the Gulf.
Some Arab voices also started raising their voice against ‘rising Islamophobia in India’, and Islamists from Pakistan and India used fake social media accounts to add fuel to fire. Earlier, Kuwaiti cabinet had issued a note on 3 March asking the Saudi-based Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) to put ‘pressure on India’ to stop the “Islamophobia” against its minorities. And the OIC duly acted upon it. The irony of such concerns being raised by theocratic Islamic countries where minorities are officially discriminated against, was not lost on anyone. Anyhow, a round of diplomacy later, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait have all officially reiterated their deep commitment to friendly ties with Bharat.
But Indian Islamists like Khan and their left-liberal partners are treating the whole episode as a ‘victory’ for the pan-Islamic world over a ‘kafir’ nation, and as a warning to Hindus.
Who is Dr Zafarul-Islam Khan?
As per his biodata on the DMC official website –
“Dr. Zafarul-Islam Khan is a senior journalist, scholar and author of over 50 books in English, Urdu and Arabic. He studied in India, Egypt and UK. He worked in Egypt, Libya and UK. He was the Chief Editor of The Milli Gazettee from its inception in January 2000 to December 2016. He was President for three terms of the All India Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat (AIMMM), the umbrella body of Indian Muslim organizations. He organized a number of international conferences in London and Delhi including the International Dialogue between Islam & Oriental Religions in February 2010 at Delhi which was inaugurated by Vice-President Mr. Hamid Ansari. Dr. Khan frequently appears on top Indian and foreign TV channels on issues related to the subcontinent and the Muslim World.”
In short, Khan is a well-read and educated person. He assumed the Office of the Chairman of Delhi Minority Commission on 20 July, 2017, a post which has a 3-year term. This is a statutory quasi-judicial post with powers of a civil court trying a suit. The salary, official car and other perks are equivalent to that of a secretary level IAS officer.
As this article informs –
“Khan’s post on Tuesday was not an exception as the DMC chief has been consistently tweeting in a manner that gives a peep in his thought process. He had been a vocal supporter of the Tabligi Jamaat, calling the prolonged quarantine of the Jamaatis as “illegal detention” and supportive of CAA protests. He also gave a call to “all freedom-loving and godi-media-hating citizens to boycott IndiGo, Air India, SpiceJet and GoAir until they lift the ban on Kunal Kamra”.
In one post he takes on Uttar Pradesh chief minister by saying, “Yogi Adityanath who leads an illegal militia Hindu Yuva Vahini which terrorises people in eastern UP is running UP like a fief” and his rant goes on.
The question is whether Khan who heads a statutory quasi-judicial body and thrives on taxpayers money be allowed to publicly pronounce his hateful feelings and get away with that.”
Incidentally, the concept of minority commissions was created by Congress-led UPA to further their vote-bank politics and deepen existing social fault-lines.
Dr. Zafaurl-Islam Khan’s “role models”
In his traitorous & seditious post, Khan is keen on proving his loyalty to Arab and Muslim world. He claims, “Indian Muslims enjoy huge goodwill in eyes of Arab and Muslim world for their services over centuries to Islamic causes, excellence in Islamic and Arabic scholarship, cultural and civilisational gifts to world heritage.” Sadly, the second class treatment meted out to all subcontinental Muslims in the Arab world show how delusional Islamists like Khan are.
But of special interest are the ‘respected household names’ he goes on to mention. Let us introduce you to those ‘respected household names’.
- Zakir Naik: a notorious Islamic tele-evangelist and preacher from Mumbai who is a fugitive offender with a red corner Interpol notice against him. He is booked under Unlawful Activities Prevention Act (UAPA), wanted in money laundering and terror-related cases, and his properties in Bharat have been attached by official agencies. This terrorist enabling preacher ‘inspired’ several terror attacks like the 2006 Mumbai train bombings, 2016 Dhaka terror attack and even 2019 Sri Lanka Easter bombings. He is currently holed up in Malaysia. He supported Osama Bin Laden as a ‘heroic fighter against the enemies of Islam’ and even issued a statement that ‘every Muslim should be a terrorist’.
- Shah Waliullah Dehlavi: was an anti-Shi’ite whose father was on Aurangzeb’s committee that compiled the Fatwa-e-Alamgiri, code of law.In a letter to Sunni nawabs, Shah Waliullah said:
“Strict orders should be issued in all Islamic towns forbidding religious ceremonies publicly practiced by Hindus such as the performance of Holi and ritual bathing in the Ganges. On the tenth of Muharram, the Shias should not be allowed to go beyond the bounds of moderation, neither should they be rude nor repeat stupid things in the streets or bazars“
.In his book ‘Two Nations: The Philosophy of Muslim Nationalism’ Anil Chandra Banerjee states that Waliullah found Islam in Bharat threatened by ‘infidels who were occupying parts of Timurid political inheritance’. According to him degeneration of Mughal Empire and the predominant Hindu environment were harming Islam.
Waliullah was of the opinion that Indian Muslims must consider themselves primarily as a part of the larger Muslim world and launch a vigorous campaign against Hindus. It was he who carried forward his father’s legacy of launching a holy war against Marathas by inviting Afghan Ahmad Shah Abdali to invade Bharat and ‘save’ the Timurid Empire.
- Iqbal: also known as Allam Iqbal was a poet, philosopher and barrister who is called the “Spiritual Father of Pakistan”. He was a leading ideologue of the two-nation theory and had called for a ‘Muslim India within India’ combining Punjab, North-West Frontier Province, Sind and Balochistan which he mentioned in his presidential address to All India Muslim League.
- Abul Hasan Nadwi: was an Indian Islamic scholar who believed in the concept of pan-Islamism and opposed secular Arab nationalism. He was associated with the Tablighi Jamaat. He is the founding member of Muslim World League which is sponsored by Saudi Arabia.
- Wahiuddin Khan, is another Indian Islamic scholar who also happens to be Zafarul-Islam Khan’s father. He runs the Al Risala/Islamic Center in Delhi. Although regarded as a ‘moderate’ due to his writings for secular audiences, and even feted by some ignorant Hindutva leaders, Wahiuddin Khan is a supporter of Islamist causes and has written rich praises for the Muslim revivalist movement Tablighi Jamaat which intelligence agencies across the world consider as a ‘gateway to Islamic terrorism’.
Zafarul-Islam Khan obtained his school education at Madrasa-tul-Islah, a madrassa in Azamgarh, and Darul Uloom Nadwatul Ulama, Lucknow. Later he studied at Al-Azhar in Cairo, Egypt, regarded as as “Islam’s most prestigious university”. In 2014, Al-Azhar’s lady Professor of Theology Suad Saleh had said that in a legitimate war, Muslims can capture enemy women and have sex with them like slavegirls.
This man occupying a senior Constitutional position in Bharat is threatening to invite foreigners to avenge ‘crimes against Indian Muslims’, in a post made in official capacity. The chairman of the Delhi Minority Commission is nominated by the Delhi government. So the question is why has Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal not sacked him yet, why haven’t courts taken suo-motu notice, and why hasn’t police started legal proceedings against Khan for high treason?
Did you like this article? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.
HinduPost is now on Telegram. For the best reports & opinion on issues concerning Hindu society, subscribe to HinduPost on Telegram.
[…] figures, has now stepped in to defend sedition-accused Delhi Minority Commission Chairman Zafarul Islam Khan who threatened to wipe out Hindus from Bharat by taking help from the Arab Muslim […]