The NIA (National Investigation Agency) has arrested two radicalized Muslims in relation to the ISIS/Daesh case of Bengaluru. Both the accused are well-to-do and educated. While Abdul Cader is working as a Business Analyst in Chennai, Irfan Nasir is a Bengaluru based rice merchant. They have been arrested for brainwashing and radicalizing Muslim youth in Bengaluru to send them as ISIS/ISIL terrorists to Syria.
The arrests prove that it is not poverty or lack of education but the increased radicalization and indoctrination that is the main reason behind Islamic terrorism.
The NIA press release says:
Yesterday (7-10-2020), NIA arrested two accused viz. Ahamed Abdul Cader, aged 40 years s/o Mohamed Jamaludin r/o Ramanathpuram, Tamil Nadu and Irfan Nasir, aged 33 years s/o Late Nasir Sattar r/o Frazer town, Bengaluru in connection with Bengaluru-based ISIS module Case. Ahmed Abdul Cader is a Business Analyst in a Bank in Chennai and Irfan Nasir is a rice merchant in Bengaluru.
2. The case was registered suo-moto by NIA on 19.09.2020 after certain incriminating facts emerged about a Bengaluru-based ISIS module during the investigation of RC-11/2020/NIA/DLI (Islamic State Khorasan Province case). One Dr. Abdur Rahman @ Dr Brave r/o Bengaluru was arrested in the said case. During his examination, names of his associates surfaced who had travelled to Syria in 2013-2014 to join ISIS. Further investigation resulted in busting of a module wherein it was revealed that accused Ahamed Abdul Cader, Irfan Nasir and their associates were members of Hizb-ut-Tehrir, and they had formed a group called ‘Quran Circle’ which radicalized gullible Muslim youth in Bengaluru and funded their visit to conflict zone in Syria to aid and assist the ISIS terrorists.
3. Based on this, NIA registered RC-33/2020/NIA/DLI dated 19.09.2020 under sections 120B, 125 of IPC & Section 17, 18 & 18B of UA (P) Act against the accused persons for having affiliation with the banned terrorist organization ISIS/ISIL/Daesh and for entering into a conspiracy to radicalize and motivate Muslim youth of Bengaluru to join ISIS, and for raising funds to facilitate their travel to Syria.
4. Accused Ahamed Abdul Cader, Irfan Nasir and their associates played a very significant role in the radicalization of the members of the Group and arranged funds through donations and own sources for the visit of accused Abdur Rahman (RC-11/2020/NIA/DLI) and other Muslim youth of Bengaluru to Syria to join ISIS. Two of such youth got killed in Syria.
5. Searches were conducted at the premises of Ahamed Abdul Cader & Irfan Nasir in Gurupana Palaya and Frazer Town in Bengaluru on 7.10.2020. During searches, incriminating material and electronic devices have been seized.
6. Both the accused were produced before Special NIA Court, Bengaluru and 10 days’ NIA Custody has been granted for interrogation. Further investigation in the case is continued to unearth the larger conspiracy.
(Featured Image Source: Deccan Herald)
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.