Sawan is the favorite month of Bhagwan Shiva and hence very important for Shiv bhakts. Every day of this holy month is unique and dedicated to Bhagwan Shiva but among these, Sawan Shivratri is considered very special and auspicious.
Per the Hindu Calendar, every Chaturdashi of the Krishna Paksha is Masik Shivratri. This year Sawan Shivratri falls on July 26, 2022. In this post, we will discuss the significance of the shubh muhurat and the rituals performed on the day of Sawan Shivratri to please Bhagwan Shiva and Maa Parvati.
Significance of Sawan Shivratri 2022
Sawan Shivratri is celebrated at many Shiva temples across Bharat. Some people also celebrate in their homes. On this day, they offer prayers to Bhagwan Shiva and ask for His blessings so they can lead a happy and healthy life.
The importance of fasting on this auspicious day is as follows-
- Married women observe this fast for a happy married life.
- It is said that one gets rid of all sins.
- One will get happiness, peace, and good fortune.
- Single women earn a partner as perfect as Bhagwan Shiva.
- All desires of a person are fulfilled.
Sawan Shivratri 2022 Puja Vidhi
The pooja of the Sawan Shivratri can be performed in two ways. You can either do this worship in the morning, or you can do this worship at night, both have their importance, but the Vidhi is the same.
1. One must wake up early in the morning on the day and take a vow of fast, remembering Bhagwan Shiva.
2. One can worship in the temple and at home on this day. If one worships at home, you can also make an earthen Shivling in the house.
3. Rudrabhishek is also considered an important ritual. One can do Abhishek of Bhagwan Shiva with milk, ghee, curd, water, honey, sugarcane juice, etc.
4. After doing Abhishek, offer sandalwood, flowers, Bel Patra, fruits, datura, etc. on the Shivling.
5. Chant Shiva Mantras during the worship, and after completing the puja Vidhi, recite Shiv Chalisa in front of the Shivling.
6. Seek blessings for prosperity & well-being for oneself and one’s family from Bhagwan Shiva.
Sawan Shivratri 2022 Shubh Muhurat
On Shravan Shivratri, Chaturdashi Tithi will start at 6.45 pm on July 26 and end on July 27 at 9.10 pm. Performing the puja according to the abovementioned rituals earns the devotee Bhagwan Shiva’s blessing. We all wish this Sawan Shivratri will bring you and your family lots of happiness and success.
(Featured Image Source: Hindi Path)
I am a Hindu and I am proud of being Hindu.
Listening The Shiva Chalisa and Hanuman Chalisa gives next level peace. It so so amazing ❤