I am a survivor of Mao’s Cultural Revolution. Here are some of his revolution features and tactics. You can judge yourself if these look similar with today’s American woke cultural revolution.
1. Mao started Cultural Revolution to purge his political enemies and become a “Supreme Leader” to control entire China.
2. His campaign slogan: Destroy the “Four Olds” — Traditional ideas, culture, habits, and customs
3. Arbitrary Division of society by using “critical class theory” and identity politics by dividing people into: Oppressors – the five “black classes” oppressed – the five “red classes”.
4. Quasi-religious indoctrination of urban youth “red guards”, shut down schools for years for them to do class struggles full time, promote division, hatred, envy and equity.
5. Toppling down statues, putting big posters and spray paintings on the walls, riots, looting, violence, law enforcement told to stand-down.
6. Change school or street names, change words and definitions, censor words, burn relics, temples and churches, demonize all the religions as cults, promote communism as the sole ideology, Mao as a God-like leader.
7. Struggle sessions, public shaming and denouncing, self-criticizing, apologizing, thought reform re-education camps for the “black classes”.
8. Guilty at birth, by relationship, by association, past words/deeds, lose jobs if you don’t comply, silence is violence.
9. Family and neighbors turn on each other, children were told parents are not dearer than Mao, urge teens to change last names to cut ties with their black class families to show loyalty to the “revolution”.
10. Redefine social norms, promote unisex gender-less society, girls dress like boys and soldiers, create confusion and social chaos, banned dating in schools.
11. Press and media were controlled by CCP and used for propaganda daily, cancel individual merits, silence dissident voices from all professions, ban books, songs, music, art and comedies that are not PC.
12. Using mob tactics of fear, intimidation, torture and violence, no rule of law, 20M died, many committed suicide including intellectuals and party officials who supported the regime.
Hope you understand why immigrants like me, and many others are very concerned today about America. We want to give our warnings until we stop the destruction of the country we love.
(This article has been compiled from the tweet originally tweeted by Lily Tang Williams (@Lily4Liberty) on March 14, 2023.)