HinduPost is the voice of Hindus. Support us. Protect Dharma

Will you help us hit our goal?

HinduPost is the voice of Hindus. Support us. Protect Dharma
24.6 C
Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tension prevails on Bharat-Nepal border after Bharatiya youth’s death

The case of death of a Bharatiya youth shot dead on the Nepal border could not be resolved even after two days, due to which tension prevails in the area. However, after creating pressure in the meeting between the officers of the two countries, on Friday night, Nepal Police handed over the body of the youth to the Bharatiya authorities.

As per the report, District administration officials handed over the dead body to the family of the youth. The young man was cremated at night. Due to tension, movement on the border could not be normalized on Saturday as well. In view of the tension, the patrol of SSB and police has been increased in the border area.

Govinda (22), a Tilla number four resident of the Hazara Thana region, was killed on Thursday in the Nepal Police firing. The Nepal Police has accused the youth and his associates of entering the border for drug trafficking, while the family told that the deceased went to work on a farm and in a verbal fight he was shot dead at the Bharatiya border. As this incident pertains to two countries, there was a panic in the administration.

On the one hand, Nepal police that had declared this to be a case of smuggling were conducting investigations accordingly and on the other, the family was pleading with the local authorities to recover the body. On Friday, police-administrative officers from Nepal’s Kanchanpur district and Bharatiya officials spent hours meeting in the border area. In this meeting, the Bharatiya authorities put forward the demand of delivering the body of the young man to the family. Nepal officials said that they would first conduct the postmortem and then hand over the body.

The Bharatiya authorities pressurized the return of the body as soon as possible after conducting a postmortem. As a result, the Nepal Police brought the dead body to the Gaurifanta border in Lakhimpur at 9 pm on Friday night after the post-mortem and handed it over to the Bharatiya officials already present there. Bharatiya authorities went to the family village and hand over the body to the family who conducted the last rites the same night.

Resham Singh and Pappu, residents of Tilla number four who were present with the deceased at the time of the incident, were detained on Friday. An attempt was made to find out the truth about the smuggling and firing story related by Nepal Police. Bharatiya police teams questioned the duo till late at night. They both had no criminal history. Both of them said there was unnecessary firing by the Nepal Police after an argument broke out when they were stopped.

During the interrogation, local authorities found them innocent and gave them a clean chit before handing them over to their family members. However, Bharatiya officials say that Nepal Police can interrogate them if they want to. Gurmej, the other youth who received a bullet injury, is undergoing treatment at the hospital in Lucknow. His condition has improved but he is still undergoing treatment.

The joint team planned to go to Nepal, later canceled it

In the meeting held a day ago, it was decided that the Bharatiya authorities, the family of the deceased, a joint team of villagers could visit Nepal. Additionally, it was said that Nepal officials would answer any questions they had. Bharatiya officials and family members had prepared to go to Nepal on Saturday. But officials could not get in touch with Nepali officials till noon. Later the visit was postponed due to lack of time. Now, the team will be sent from Bharat after Nepal officials allot them time once again.

SSB’s special patrolling on the border will continue. Since the incident, the movement along the Indo-Nepal border has reduced. People on both sides are wary and hence have curbed their movements but security arrangements have been tightened. After the funeral, the officers returned but special patrolling by SSB continued on Saturday as well. The police also continued surveillance during which visitors to and from the border are being closely monitored.

Amandeep Singh, Deputy Commandant SSB told, “The situation at the border is now completely normal but special patrolling is being done. There have also been instructions to be vigilant regarding border movements keeping the Corona epidemic in view.”

Jayaprakash, SP said, “Negotiations were held in the meeting that took place a day earlier to bring back the body. After which the officials of Nepal came and handed over the body to the Bharatiya authorities at the border. Both the deceased’s companions have been let off after questioning. The condition of the injured has improved. There is no tension situation at the border. Precautionary measures are being taken. A team was to go to Nepal on Saturday. Due to lack of time, the program was postponed. Time will be taken from Nepal’s officials so that Bharatiya officials can be sent for inquiries.

(Featured Image Source: Amar Ujala)

Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.

HinduPost is now on Telegram. For the best reports & opinions on issues concerning Hindu society, subscribe to HinduPost on Telegram.

Subscribe to our channels on Telegram &  YouTube. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

Related Articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles

Sign up to receive HinduPost content in your inbox
Select list(s):

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.