‘According to the police, the victim was returning home after attending an RSS programme when the miscreants hacked Rudresh to death on Kamaraj Road in Commercial Street Police Station limits in Shivajinagar. It is said that Rudresh was wearing RSS uniform when the miscreants attacked him. The police have shifted Rudresh’s body to Bowring and Lady Curzon Hospital for postmortem. A case has been registered at Commercial Street Police Station.’
Going by this news report :
- Rudresh was the RSS mandal president for Shivajinagar was returning after participating in a Patha Sanchalana or route march in Shivajinagar.
- Rudresh stopped his bike when he spotted a few friends near Kamaraja road , when two men riding a motorcycle attacked him.
- There were two men , the pillion rider had a machete in his hand. As soon as the assailants came close to Rudresh, one of them attacked him on his neck.
- Onlookers and passersby tried to stop the assailants, they even threw stones on them, but they managed to escape.
- The motorcycle did not have a number plate and the men were wearing masks.
- Rudresh was immediately shifted to Bowring hospital in an auto rickshaw, but he as declared ‘brought dead.’
Tension prevailed in the area and shops and commercial establishments were asked to down their shutters as RSS and BJP workers took to the streets to protest the killings.
In view of the sensitive situation, a large number of police personnel including the Rapid Action Force (RAF) have been deployed in the area.
State-wide ‘bandh’ (closure) and protests have been called by RSS and state BJP leaders are also participating in it:
Will be participating in the #JusticeforRudresh protests at Shivajinagar today from 11:30 onwards,BJP Bengaluru leaders will participate too
— Arvind Limbavali (@bjparvind) October 17, 2016
However, the Bengaluru city police has imposed section 144 in Shivajinagar and more areas till midnight today, i.e. 17th Oct 2016.
Did you like this report? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.