spot_img

HinduPost is the voice of Hindus. Support us. Protect Dharma

Will you help us hit our goal?

spot_img
Hindu Post is the voice of Hindus. Support us. Protect Dharma
21 C
Sringeri
Thursday, June 20, 2024

Coimbatore and Mangaluru blast cases: NIA raids 60 locations in Dakshin Bharat

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) is conducting raids in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala in connection with last year’s Coimbatore and Mangaluru blast cases.

Sources in the agency told IANS that the raids are being carried out at 60 locations in residences and other establishments of suspected sympathisers of Islamic State (IS) in the three Southern states.

It comes as a follow up of the investigation related to the Deepavali eve car bomb blast at Ukkadam near Coimbatore on October 23, 2022 in which a 29-year-old youth Jameesha Mubin was charred to death.

In December, the NIA had arrested two accused Sheikh Hidayathullah and Sanofar Ali. As of now 11 persons have been arrested in the case.

The main accused Jamesha Mubeen, after swearing bayath (allegiance) to IS was planning to carry out a suicide attack and cause extensive damage to the Temple Complex with the intention to strike terror in the community.

Initially registered at PS Ukkadam, Coimbatore District, Tamil Nadu, the case was later taken over by the NIA.

“Investigations have revealed that the accused persons had entered into a criminal conspiracy in the interior of forested regions of Asanoor and Kadambur areas of Sathyamangalam forest, Erode district, in February, 2022. The meetings were led by previously arrested accused Umar Farook and participated by deceased accused Jamesha Mubeen, Mohammed Azharudin , Sheikh Hidayatullah and Sanofar Ali, where they conspired to prepare for and execute terror acts,” the NIA had said.

The Mangaluru autorickshaw blast that took place on November 19, 2002 in which a 23- year-old youth Mohammed Sharik was injured is also being probed.

Investigations by police and central agencies have revealed that Sharik was in Tamil Nadu and Kerala before the blast.

The raids, which commenced early Wednesday morning, are continuing with teams of officers searching 35 places in Tamil Nadu, 5 in Kerala and 20 locations in Karnataka.

(The story has been published via a syndicated feed with a modified headline.)

Subscribe to our channels on Telegram &  YouTube. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles

Sign up to receive HinduPost content in your inbox
Select list(s):

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Thanks for Visiting Hindupost

Dear valued reader,
HinduPost.in has been your reliable source for news and perspectives vital to the Hindu community. We strive to amplify diverse voices and broaden understanding, but we can't do it alone. Keeping our platform free and high-quality requires resources. As a non-profit, we rely on reader contributions. Please consider donating to HinduPost.in. Any amount you give can make a real difference. It's simple - click on this button:
By supporting us, you invest in a platform dedicated to truth, understanding, and the voices of the Hindu community. Thank you for standing with us.