Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grabs, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 4 July 2021 to 10 July 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) A case of grooming has been reported from the Hariparvat area of Agra. A boy from the Muslim community used to visit a house in the area and by changing his name and feigning love, kidnapped the Hindu underage girl. She was converted and married to the boy. She reached home after 15 days and the parents then filed the FIR.
2) The daughter of a retired IAS officer has now become a ‘victim’ of love jihad/grooming. The police on Monday said Arif Hashmi, a timber businessman from Lucknow, posed as Aditya when he met his prey at a function. According to the police, he struck up a friendship with the woman and when their relationship progressed, the couple got married in 2010. The woman was a widow and did not suspect the intentions of ‘Aditya’.
3) The Bar Council of Delhi (BCD), through an interim order, on Monday suspended the license of a lawyer for allegedly using his chamber for performing religious conversion and Muslim marriages. The BCD Secretary has sent a communication to the lawyer, Iqbal Malik, claiming that illegal activities in the chamber of an advocate “negates the dignity of the legal profession”.
4) It has come to light that a large and elaborate human trafficking network where a minor girl gets trafficked every 4 minutes has been operational in West Bengal.
5) According to a Kerala journalist, Saudi Arabia is using radical organizations like the Jamaat-e-Islami Hind to propagate Islamism in Bharat. Muslim women are being forced to change the way they have dressed for centuries and are being asked to cover their faces. It seems huge monetary gains are involved in this nefarious scheme of things that promotes Islamism.
6) A woman in Lucknow has claimed that her husband, Syed Hasnain Ashraf, traps non-Muslim women and converts them to Islam. According to her, he also gets funding from abroad for this work. In a specific example, he converted a Hindu woman named Richa and to Madiha. After investigating the victim’s complaint, Lucknow police has registered a case against the accused Hasnain and his mother.
7) The Hindu community in Sindh has been protesting against government inaction and the injustice being committed by it towards the Hindus. The Hindus in Sindh had given the government 60 days’ time for initiating legislation on the safety and security of Hindus in the province. However, the government has not taken any action on the matter thus far.
8) A new case of grooming has come to light, this time in UP’s Bijnor. A Muslim man trapped a Hindu girl from MP brought her to Bijnor and married her after converting her into Islam.
9) A 22-year-old communist leader belonging to the Democratic Youth Federation of India (DYFI) named Arjun had been arrested after he raped and killed a six-year-old girl near Vandiperiyar in the Idukki district of Kerala. He had been raping her since she was three!
10) The DMK government in Tamil Nadu is continuously meddling in the affairs of temples and their latest scheme of giving away the cows donated to big temples for free has been condemned by temple activists. On June 4, Srirangam Shri Ranganathaswamy temple’s Joint Commissioner and Srirangam MLA distributed pairs of cows and calves to 34 temple pujaris in an event. These cows that were distributed for free were said to be surplus cows donated to Ranganatha Swamy temple. However, Srirangam-based temple activist Rangarajan Narasimhan has accused the HRCE department and the TN government of violating the rules of the HRCE Act in this regard.
11) Villagers thwarted an evangelist’s attempt to build a church encroaching a hillock in Tamil Nadu. A small hillock in a village in Kallakurichi was encroached by an evangelist who built a small church on the top. After villagers protested and registered their opposition with the authorities, revenue department officials have stopped the construction.
1) A Hindu girl Rupa Rani was forcefully abducted & converted to Islam by an Islamic gang at Sadar P.S Shylet District.
2) A Hindu girl Mili Shell forcefully abducted & converted into Islam by Mohammad Tohidul Islam at Chakaria P.S Coxbazar District.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected]. We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.