Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grab, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 28 March to 3 April 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) Another Hindu temple priest has been brutally murdered in Bharat, this time on the eve festival of Holi. Pujari Ashok Kumar (50), s/o Karan Singh, had come to serve in the famous Dhakwale mandir in village Anchru Kalan, district Bulandshahr, UP, just one week back.
2) Christian majority Mizoram has driven out over 30,000 Hindu Bru (Reang) tribals who now live in Tripura, and the state is keen to similarly ethnically cleanse out the Buddhist Chakma tribals as well.
3) Farmer protests have now descended into unabated hooliganism with a Hindu MLA Arun Narang from Abohar being assaulted and his clothes being torn off by pro-Khalistanis right in front of the Punjab police who later escorted the MLA away.
4) BBC Hindi which is known for its Hindumisia came up with a new trick to delink Hindu Dharma from Holi and Islamize the festival through the wishes it put out on its official Twitter handle.
5) The heartbreaking news of a 9-year-old tribal girl being raped and murdered has emerged from Hyderabad. Although the incident occurred on March 23, no arrests have been made so far. The parents of the minor girl have alleged that they suspect the hand of their neighbor Sheikh Mastan Vali’s hand in the crime.
6) Muslim intern at Amar Chitra Katha Abu Amaan was fired for posing obscenely with temple sculpture after his anti-Hindu statement went viral on Twitter on March 24 creating an uproar among Twitteratis. He boasted about having posed obscenely with Hindu Devis which drew the flak of horrified devotees.
7) A mob of around 50-60 Muslims barged into a Hindu temple in Malanggad, Raigad district while aarti (puja worship) was going on, and shouted ‘Allah-o-Akbar’ slogans. When questioned, they clashed with devotees and started pushing and shoving. Police stationed there was initially a mute spectator, but later when they tried to intervene some Muslim goons caught hold of their collar too.
8) A group of 15-20 men come walking by and one of them appears to question the man with the BJP cap. He then proceeds to remove the BJP flag. By then another man slaps the BJP supporter, while another smacks away his cap. A group of 4-5 men then accost a man who appears to be the shopkeeper, continuously raining slaps and blows on him. Finally, some other bystander intervenes.
9) A video showing Delhi police intervening in a Holika Dahan puja, dousing the fire and arresting two people, has gone viral on social media. The video is from Delhi’s Krishna Nagar and was shared by Sudarshan News Chief Editor Suresh Chavhanke.
10) After a Muslim mob barged into a Hindu temple at Malanggad interrupting the arati, comes the report of a Muslim mob stopping Hindus from celebrating Holika Dahan in Akola by pouring water and dousing the ritualistic fire leading to an altercation between both communities.
11) In a shocking case, which again highlights the importance of background check of people we employ for work, a carpenter stabbed to death the woman in whose house he was working. The incident occurred in the posh Gomti Nagar area of Lucknow, UP. The carpenter Gulfam was hired by Dr. Harsh Agrawal and his wife Ruchi to do some work in their house.
12) A minor schoolgirl belonging to Loni in UP’s Ghaziabad district who went missing on 16 March has been rescued from a Muslim neighbor who kidnapped and raped the girl in captivity, after NCPCR (National Commission for Protection of Child Rights) intervention. The plight of the minor and her parents who belong to the Jatav SC community was brought to light by Swarajya Mag journalist Swati Goel Sharma.
1) A century-old Hindu temple in Rawalpindi, Pakistan was attacked and desecrated by Islamic extremists on Sunday, 28 March.
2) 15-year-old Rani Meghwar has been abducted from her village of Sarangyar in Chachro, Tharparkar district, Pakistan just before Holi. This is her second abduction. She was abducted once earlier too and released after allegedly being raped by influential people connected to the Pakistan People’s Party which rules the Sindh province. Ironically, PPP is considered the ‘secular’, center-left party of Pakistan.
1) Hundreds of members of a radical Islamic group Hefazat-e-Islam attacked Hindu temples and a train in eastern Bangladesh on Sunday 28 March, as violence spread across the country in the wake of a visit by Bharatiya PM Narendra Modi.
2) Hindu temple attacked, looted, and murtis vandalized by Hefazat-e-Islam supporters at Bhramanbaria Sadar P.S, Bhramanbaria district.
3) Local Muslims attack and burn Hindu homes in Myani Union, Mirayersarai P.S, Chittagong district.
4) Hindu boy Arpon Sutradhar arrested on charges of blasphemy against Islam at Nabiganj P.S Habiganj District.
5) Hindu temple attacked, looted, and murtis vandalized at Tangrakhali village, Dhanut P.S, Bogura district.
6) Another Hindu temple attacked, looted, and murtis vandalized by Hefazat-e-Islam supporters at Bhramanbaria Sadar P.S, Bhramanbaria district on March 31.
7) Hindu girl Kumari Rani Gupta forcefully abducted & converted to Islam by Mohammad Foysasl Hossain at Adamdhigi village, Shantahar P.S Bogura District.
8) Muslims attack and set homes of Hindus on fire at Hatphulbari village, Sharikhandhi P.S, Bogura district.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected]. We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.
HinduPost is now on Telegram. For the best reports & opinions on issues concerning Hindu society, subscribe to HinduPost on Telegram.