Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grabs, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, and sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 24 April to 30 April 2022, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) Akali Dal’s Muslim wing Punjab President Furqan ‘Bablu’ Qureshi (55) was arrested in Ludhiana, Punjab on Monday for making an offensive Facebook post on Bhagwan Sri Ram. Initially, the police refused to lodge an FIR, and complainants Aman Sappal, Mohit Syal, and others protested outside the Tibba police station. Members of various Hindu organizations and political parties too joined in before the police finally acted against the accused.
2) Hindu organizations protested HRCE’s decision to allow converted Christians to hold a wedding in an ancient temple in Tamil Nadu. The wedding invitation with Hindu names but hailing Jesus has gone viral on social media.
3) Another case of a missing Hindu girl was reported from the Alappuzha district in Kerala, and this time the girl was a minor.
4) An investigation report by News 18 media has revealed shocking details about rampant conversion in the DMK ruled Tamil Nadu. School children are told that Hindus are Satans and that only by praying to Jesus they can score good marks.
5) Abusive ‘Allah-o-Akbar’ chanting mob threw beer bottles, and stones from an illegal mosque at a peaceful Hindu procession in AP’s Nellore.
6) Hindu organizations in Karnataka have exposed a Christian school in Bengaluru, forcing non-Christian children to carry the Bible and attend scripture classes. The school asks parents to sign the application form, which asks them to affirm that they will allow their children to attend prayers and carry the Bible with them when they are in school. The trust which runs the school received money from foreign missionary organizations to ‘support Christian workers and ministries in India.’
7) A chilling grooming and rape jihad case has emerged from Gwalior, MP. A Hindu girl from a Scheduled Caste (SC) community met one Raju Jatav in January 2021. The two got into a relationship and the girl became pregnant and was forced to abort. On September 18, 2021, the two got married at a Sitala Mata mandir according to Hindu rituals.
8) Girl students of the tribal residential hostel in Telangana complained about the unhygienic and perverted habits of Muslim cook Ali.
9) In yet another incident of so-called atheists ‘civilizing’ Hindus, a Periyarist cum Dravidian Stockist Youtuber has denigrated Bhagwan Shiva using the most obscene language. Earlier another such Dravidianist Youtuber had abused Bhagwan Skanda and intentionally misinterpreted Kandasashti Kavacham to denigrate Hindu beliefs.
10) Report stated that an RPF personnel was booked for playing music in his home when Azaan was on in the nearby mosque. On April 23, the Satara Police received calls from Sheikh Shafiq, Sheikh Shabbir, Imran Khan, Mudassir Ansari, and others complaining against railway sub-inspector Kishore Malkunaik.
11) A Karbi tribal woman in Guwahati was gang-raped by her Muslim colleagues, including the private business owner where she worked. Last Thursday (April 21), the victim, hailing from Karbi Anglong district, lodged a complaint at Hatigaon Police Station against the accused coworkers for raping her on April 20. She joined the work a few days before the heinous crime.
12) A minor Hindu girl from Indergarh Tehsil of Datia in Madhya Pradesh has gone missing. The family approached the police when they couldn’t find the girl even after four days. The Indergarh Police registered a missing complaint. A grooming angle has now emerged in the case.
Attacks on Hindus in Bangladesh are relentless and designed to gradually cleanse the religious minority from the country. As per a study by Prof. Abul Barakat of Dhaka University, there will be no Hindus left in Bangladesh by 2050 due to systemic and institutionalized persecution. Temple desecration, land grabbing, mob attacks after false blasphemy charges, rape/forced conversion of women, and hate speech are some of the tools used to intimidate and drive Hindus out.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected] We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.