Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grabs, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 19 December to 25 December 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) A man was beaten to death on Saturday evening at the Golden Temple in Amritsar for alleged sacrilege and blasphemy.
2) Popular Front of India (PFI) killers have reportedly attacked and killed yet another BJP state-level leader in Alappuzha city of Kerala. Advocate Renjith Sreenivasan was the OBC Morcha state secretary and a member of the BJP state committee who had contested the 2016 Assembly elections in the Alappuzha constituency as the BJP candidate.
3) A youth has been lynched to death for alleged ‘blasphemy’ on the second consecutive day in Punjab. After the murder at Golden Temple, Amritsar on Saturday evening, a similar incident in a Kapurthala gurudwara the very next day has claimed another life.
3) Congress and Pawar as also the MVA (Maha Vikas Aghadi) government displayed its Hindu-hatred once again by inviting Hindu-hating ‘comic’ Munawar Faruqui to perform in Mumbai. The All India Professionals Congress (AIPC) sought police protection for the ‘stand-up comic’ and the audience from ‘a certain group of people’.
4) YouTuber Maridhas has been arrested again based on a complaint from Islamists against his video criticizing and exposing Tablighi jamaat. He had put out a video exposing the jamaat when they acted as super spreaders during the peak of the first wave of Covid-19. He is continuously being harassed by the DMK government which is opening old frivolous cases to frighten him and other critics.
5) HAM leader and Bihar’s former Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi’s abusive remarks against Hindu Dharma, Hindu devi-devatas and the Brahmin community have led to FIRs against him. The Pandas (priests) of his home district Gaya have announced they will not perform rituals and Pind-Daan (offering to ancestors) after his death.
6) A stalker stabbed a school girl multiple times for opposing his stalking and molesting her friend in Pratappur village, Gopalganj district, Bihar. The girl, a student of class eight, was attacked by the youth identified as ‘Gudda’, son of Asraf Ali, while she was returning from the Pratappur Maktab School on Sunday.
7) Karnataka police have arrested a man for repeatedly breaking and vandalising murtis of Hindu deities in Saligrama village near K.R. Nagar in Mysuru district of Karnataka, police said on Friday.
8) Punjab CM Channi recently announced that a Bible study chair would be set up at the university level in addition to the Christian community being given representation in the state government boards.
9) The government informed the Lok Sabha on Tuesday that it has received complaints against 18 NGOs for their alleged involvement in conversion into Christianity by inducements, allurement and misrepresentation since 2018.
10) A case of grooming has emerged from Mumbai’s Malvani where one Sameer Qureshi has been accused of not just brainwashing a Hindu minor girl but also trapping her elder sister in a false case. A complaint has been filed with the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) by Advocate Kaushik Mhatre.
11) A case of a minor who was raped and killed was reported from Hapur of Uttar Pradesh. Amjad who is in his late thirties was arrested by the police. The victim was just 6 years old.
12) Hindu organisations have accused Muslims of encroaching the areas around Srisailam Mallikarjuna temple and renting temple shops by using Hindu names in the auction. VHP alleged that out of the 400 constructed shops Muslims leased 40% of them. VHP made these accusations in 2012 when the Muzrai department conducted auctions to lease temporary shops during Brahmotsavam festival.
13) A BJP woman leader has been gang-raped by 3 Muslim men in Meerut, UP. The crime took place on Tuesday night at Kashiram Colony, Hapur Road.
14) A Lucknow court has ordered that an FIR be registered against senior Congress leader Salman Khurshid for comparing the ‘Sanatan’ Hindu religion with the Boko Haram and ISIS terror outfits in his book titled ‘Sunrise Over Ayodhya: Nationhood in our times’.
15) Hindu SC children were forced to eat beef and read the Bible at St. Francis Sevadham orphanage near Bararu in the Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh. They were compelled to learn the bible and anyone who refused had their necks choked till they agreed. It is alleged that cattle are being slaughtered inside the campus.
16) Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Mukesh Soni, was shot dead in Ranchi, Jharkhand on December 15. Mukesh was the Khalari area block president of Vishwa Hindu Parishad and Bajrang Dal. The assassination happened around 6.30 in the evening when he was returning home after closing his jewelry shop. He was just 38 years old.
17) 24-year-old Jatin, was beaten to death and his friend Pankaj Kumar (21) was severely injured by a mob led by one Ramzan Ali in South Delhi’s Sangam Vihar on the night of December 20.
18) A 27-year-old man from Mumbai has been arrested for ‘marrying’ and raping a minor girl. Local Agripada police station officials have not name the accused. The ‘marriage’ was solemnized by a cleric in the presence of the the girl’s mother and her ‘in-laws’.
1) A Muslim man was arrested on Monday for vandalizing a Hindu temple in old city area of Karachi, Pakistan. The accused, Muhammad Waleed Shabbir, entered the Narayan Mandir in Narainpura, Ranchore Line area of Karachi in the evening and managed to damage the murti of Maa Durga using a hammer before people got hold of him and handed him over to police.
1) A Hindu girl was abducted and converted into Islam. The victim hails from Demra, Dhaka, and was recovered from Avoynagar, Jessore.
2) A Hindu temple was attacked on 23 December at night. Islamists burnt and destroyed the Temple at Munshiganj.
1) It was shocking for the Hindu community to see their highly revered deity Sri Ganesh displayed on various products sold on Pixels website; apparently smoking a blunt (marijuana cigarette wrapped in a hollowed-out cigar), carrying a pistol in one hand, and Ciroc (French Vodka) bottle in the other, with cannabis leaf glued to his forehead; Hindu community leader Rajan Zed pointed out in Nevada today.
2) Anti-Hindu hate propaganda has reached the US as well with Dravidianists organising janeu cutting skits in New Jersey. What’s worse, they enacted the play with kids and took immense joy in indoctrinating them with hatred as well. The Dravidian organizations that organised the event works with Equality Labs which is hell bent on demonising overseas Hindus in the name of eradicating the caste system. But their real target is Hindu Dharma which they have no qualms about accepting.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected] We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.