Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grabs, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 21 November to 27 November 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) A woman (32), mother of three children, has reportedly eloped with a married Muslim man in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh.
2) Trinamool Congress councilor Kakoli Bar has been charged with moral policing and assaulting a mother-daughter duo for supposedly having a “bad character”. The incident took place on November 6, at Ward No 7, Diamond Harbour Municipality of South 24 Parganas.
3) Kangana Ranaut was honored with the Padma Shri didn’t sit well with the opposition and its coterie is a well-known fact. However, the limits of decencies were crossed when one Vinay Ojha, a Congress worker from Bihar, on November 15, made a revolting tweet targeting the actress. The tweet has, however, since been deleted.
4) Religious discrimination in the name of Ambedkarism forced Hindu parents from Maa Baikunthi Devi Sarvodaya Inter College, Agra to lodge a complaint against the school. As part of brainwashing young minds, tilaks on the forehead are forbidden and students are forced to raise slogans against Sanatan Hindu Dharma. The school administration actively promotes anti-Hindu activities and forces Hindu children not to wear Janeu (sacred thread worn by Hindu males) and Kalawa (sacred ritual thread for protection).
5) A 10-year-old girl was brutally raped, murdered, and burned in Bihar’s Kaimur district by a migrant laborer from Malda, West Bengal. The half-burnt body of the victim was recovered by police on October 7 from the premises of a residential school for Scheduled Tribe children in Dewri village.
6) A suspected grooming jihad case has been reported from Baghpat in West UP. As per the complainant, a class 12th girl who is a friend of his daughter had come to their house on Sunday along with an unknown male accomplice.
7) A resident of Rajasthan has been arrested for blackmailing Shiv Sena MLA from Mumbai in the guise of a girl. He made an obscene video while talking to the MLA on a video call and then started blackmailing him, police said on Tuesday.
8) A Muslim man has been accused of raping and murdering a Hindu woman he was allegedly in a relationship with because he was suspicious of her friendly relations with another man. As per reports, the incident took place on Saturday evening in the Okhla industrial area as the woman was returning from work. The victim and accused, identified as Chand Alam, were said to be in a live-in relationship.
9) Muslim youths are alleged to have desecrated a sacred teerth in Erode, Tamil Nadu. A group of men, allegedly Muslims, desecrated the temple tank by using it as a swimming pool and consuming alcohol near the tank. Hindu organizations have lodged a complaint with the local police following the incident.
10) Hindus residing in Kalindi Kunj have alleged harassment by their Muslim neighbors while adding that they were threatened with dire consequences for performing Hindu rituals.
11) Kannada film music director Hamsalekha has denigrated late Pejawara Shri Vishvesha Teertha Swami Ji by saying that he went to Dalits’ houses only for publicity. After much outrage, he has apologized for his comments but it has revealed how far Periyarism has found a hold in Karnataka through Sandalwood.
12) The Tamil Nadu police on Wednesday, November 10, arrested Sheikh Muddassar who has been accused of murdering his wife Meena from Bardhaman, West Bengal.
13) Tamil Nadu HRCE has been accused of using detonators in a hill that hosts a millennia-old Vishnu temple in Senchi. The temple’s compound wall collapsed after heavy monsoon rains as they became unstable after a part of the hill was allegedly detonated. The hand of DMK minister, Masthan, is alleged to be behind this.
14) Aariful Malik (27) has been arrested in Indore, MP for blackmailing and threatening a Hindu woman colleague for marriage.
15) The Hamirpur crime branch has arrested eight accused — all minors and high school students — in connection with the murder of their fellow teenage friend over a month ago.
16) Fanatic Christians have allegedly uprooted a Shivling in Assam and desecrated the sacred space it was installed in. Centuries-old banyan tree under which the Shivling was placed was also cut down in an attempt to threaten Hindus into giving up worship. Hindu organizations have lodged a complaint with the police against this aggression and requested protection.
1) Heart-wrenching news of a Hindu minor boy being sexually assaulted and brutally murdered in Pakistan’s Sindh province has emerged indicating how the neighboring Islamic nations continue to persecute their Hindu minorities.
1) Persecution of Hindus continues in Bangladesh as Islamists burned Srimad Bhagvad Gita at Chawani Bazar, Begumganj.
2) A video from Chandiarpar, Bottalgari, Saidpur, Nilphamari shows Islamists brutally attacking a Hindu temple in an attempt to grab the land and build a mosque there.
1) Calling for accountability and respect, perturbed Hindus are seeking an apology from Texas A&M University (TAMU), the USA for failing to take any concrete action to resolve the issue of reported harassment and discrimination of its Hindu students.
2) This past September, a sign in Forsyth County said “no dotheads,” a slur used against Hindus, should be allowed in Atlanta. The poster was a small piece of cardboard that read “NO,” in big black letters with a red dot above it symbolizing a bindi, the traditional decoration worn by Hindu women on their foreheads.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected] We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.