Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grabs, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 14 November to 20 November 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) Deichmann, a giant in the footwear retail industry in Germany and Europe has been funding evangelism in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu. The charity arm of the company, Wortundtat, has been exploiting the pity for poor children to collect money for its missionary work. Wortundtat funds AMG India International, a Bharatiya missionary organization to convert Hindus and plant churches.
2) Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker S Sanjith (27) was stabbed to death in front of his wife in Kerala’s Palakkad district on Monday morning. Sanjith was waylaid when he was traveling with his wife. Locals suspect the Social Democratic Party of India, the political wing of the quasi-terror radical Islamic outfit Popular Front of India, is behind the attack.
3) Reddit admins have refused to act on complaints against a Hinduphobic Redditor (registered Reddit user) @BlasphArt2 who publishes the most obscene, pornographic, and derogatory pictures about Hindu deities.
4) The anti-Hindu bias of Wikipedia has come to the forefront yet again as it has come to light that the pages belonging to prominent right-wing (read Hindu) writers, journalists, historians, and opinion-makers have been deleted by the site.
5) A fashion influencer and model, Simmy Goraya, who mostly uses YouTube and Instagram to “influence” youth seems to have gone a little tone-deaf in one of her recent videos in which she is seen encouraging her followers to go to a Pooja or wedding ceremonies wearing black.
6) The proclivity of HINO (Hindu In Name Only) left-liberals to shame Hindus and Bharat in pursuit of self-aggrandizement and while seeking approval of those they consider civilizationally superior, i.e. the West, is well known. In the 7-minute monologue, Das spewed his entire spectrum of anti-Bharat invective but saved his worst jibe for Hindus. “I come from a country where we worship women during the day and gangrape them at night,” Das said.
7) A Hindu girl allegedly took her life after a Muslim teacher scolded and beat her in front of her classmates. As the area in Sivaganga district, Tamil Nadu where the incident took place is dominated by Muslims, the local jamaat (Islamic religious org) is alleged to have suppressed the incident. Hindu organizations have extended support to the victim’s family and are helping them get justice.
8) Tension prevailed in the Bilhaur area of Kanpur district after the idols of deities at a temple were found broken. One Vinod Katiyar went to offer prayers at a temple on the Gujepur road on Monday and found the idols of Lord Hanuman and Goddess Durga broken.
9) PFI and its stooges have begun a malicious campaign of hate using HINO (Hindus in name only) ‘journalists.’ A Hinduphobic far-left media portal called Newslaundry and its reporter Akanksha Kumar seem to have been recruited for PFI’s ‘Free Kappan’ campaign.
10) Images emerged on social media of Halal-stamped jaggery sacks stocked at Sabarimala temple. The 2-month long annual pilgrimage called the Mandala Makaravilaku began on Monday. Devotees were shocked to see halal jaggery being used to make payasam and appams that are offered as nivedhyam to Bhagwan Ayyappa and then sold as prasadam to the public.
11) The Akhil Bhartiya Sant Samiti (AKSS) has sought an apology from Samajwadi party chief Akhilesh Yadav for referring to saints as ‘chillumjeevi’ (those who smoke tobacco and cannabis in earthen pipes) and ‘ek rang wale’ (people of one particular color).
12) A disturbing incident has been reported from Basirhat in West Bengal’s North 24 Parganas district right before the Hindus in the state gear up for the upcoming Rash Utsav. Several murtis of Hindu deities that were being sculpted for the Rash Utsav were found vandalized in Sarapool under the Swarupnagar police station area on Wednesday, November 17.
13) A shocking case of a minor Hindu girl eloping with a Muslim man who is alleged to have repeatedly raped her and forced her to convert to Islam has been reported by Swarajya Mag. A case had been filed by the victim’s family in July this year against the man for impregnating the 15-year-old.
14) Amravati in Maharashtra has been burning since November 12 (Friday) due to back-to-back stone-pelting incidents and damage to public and private property. Sandip Patil, the additional police commissioner, has imposed a four-day curfew in the city under sections 144(1), (2), (3) of the CrPc to avoid any further incidents. As per the orders, only people with medical emergencies can come out of the house. Additionally, not more than five people can gather at a place.
1) A fresh attack on Hindus took place on November 15 at Boushi Village, Dhirai, Sunamganj district in which Shuvo Shutadhar was murdered by Yusuf Ali & his sons.
2) Mizanur Rahman & his gang attacked and destroyed Hindu homes, sexually humiliated Hindu women, and threatened Hindus.
3) Four Hindu temples at Switch gate namely Kali Mondir, Tagorepara Kali Mondir, Demdhaki Kali Mondir, Tatiyapita Kili Mondir Aloyakuha, Atuyari, Phanchagar district were attacked and murtis vandalized by Islamists.
4) The Central Hari Mondir (Temple) was under attacked at Lama Bazar, Bandarban. The temple & 24 Hindu shops completely destroyed, looted and 12 people were brutally injured.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected] We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.