Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the world has ignored the actual depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry. From murders, forced conversions, land grabs, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, and sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 23 April to 29 April 2023, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) West Bengal Primary school teacher Khurshid Alam, who regularly molested girl students, absconded after a complaint was filed against him with the police.
2) A minor Hindu girl was allegedly gang-raped and murdered in Uttar Dinajpur. Javed Akhter was arrested in connection with the case while angry locals attacked WB Police.
3) Goa Police’s Crime Branch has registered a case against two Muslim sisters studying at DAV School for sharing derogatory posts against Hindu Dharma and deities on Instagram. Both the sisters have been summoned by the Crime Branch for questioning.
4) Eid special music video of Malayalam actors Sumi Rashik and Vishnu K Vijayan drew Netizen’s ire for normalising love jihad.
5) A Hindu girl from Bardoli in Gujarat accused her Muslim husband Shoaib Ibrahim Rawat of forcing her to convert and torturing her mentally and physically for it. A complaint was registered against Shoaib Ibrahim Rawat in this regard.
6) Domestic help Shabnam, her lover Umar and his son Shahzad were arrested for the murder of her employer Marie D’Costa during Ramzan in Mumbai’s Malad.
7) NCP leader Jitendra Awhad, known for his controversial Hinduphobic statements, made another similar remark while addressing an NCP (Nationalist Congress Party) public rally on April 21. He said Ram Navami & Hanuman Janmotsav are meant to spark riots.
8) A Traffic policeman was seen stomping on the camphor lighted by devotees to extinguish it in Tamil Nadu. Lighting camphor and breaking coconut during the annual Chithirai chariot festival in Srirangam was banned this year.
9) Human rights organizations and activists in Pakistan have called attention on social media to the case of a 6-year-old girl nicknamed Ritu (real name omitted for privacy reasons), who was abducted and sexually abused by two 23-year-old Muslim men while she was playing outdoors in the village of Shaikh Bhirkio, Tando Allahyar district, Sindh province.
10) Union Minister for State for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shobha Karandlaje has lodged a complaint before the Karnataka State Election Commission over the “prohibition imposed on distributing ‘prasadam’ (offertory) and food to devotees at temples in the state in the wake of assembly elections”.
11)Detained in the Poonch terror attack, villager Nasir Ahmad admits he gave shelter and logistical support to 4 terrorists before the assault.
12) An incident of raping a minor Hindu girl has surfaced in Morbi of Gujarat where the accused Hasan Sandhi threatened the victim girl to make her photos viral and raped her in the Meter room of the Dev Fun World amusement park of Morbi. The accused is arrested after a complaint was filed by the victim girl’s family.
13) In Rajasthan’s Udaipur, a case has been registered against a Muslim man for allegedly raping and forcing a Hindu woman to convert to Islam and have Nikah with him. The 57-year-old accused who has been identified as Ajmal Khan is a village development officer in Mewar ka Math Gram Panchayat in Kotra village and is already married twice. The victim has alleged that Ajmal Khan threatened her that if she refuses to comply with his demands, he will abduct her 8-year-old daughter and sell her off in a neighbouring state.
14) A video of Muslims eating meat biryani on the premises of the Hanuman temple in Hampi has gone viral on social media. Hindu Janajagruti Spokesperson who visited Hampi shared the video and sought Vijaya Nagara police and ASI to take action against the culprits.
15) In Rajasthan, Ajmal Khan raped, threatened and forcefully married a Hindu woman, converted her to Islam, and threw murtis of her deities out of the house. The woman filed a complaint against him.
Abduction, rape, forced conversion, and marriage of minor Hindu girls are common occurrences in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. At least 1000 minority girls suffer such sex slavery every year in Sindh province alone. Apart from this, Pakistani Hindus face systemic and institutionalized discrimination and neglect, such as frequent attacks on Hindu temples, demonization of education curriculum, police and judicial antipathy, denial of fundamental rights, and even untouchability. This latest instance of the brutal rape and murder of a Bheel woman in Pakistan is yet another proof of the pitiable condition of Hindu minorities in Pakistan.
1) Another case of dubious conversion and marriage of minority girl Suman Lohana at the Sufi shrine of Bharchundi Sharif in Pakistan’s Sindh has come to the fore.
2) A medical practitioner, Dr Sita Kolhi, was fined PKR 44 lakhs (4.4 million) by a model court in Mirpurkhas, Sindh for ‘medical negligence’ after a pregnant Muslim woman in her care miscarried and died.
3) Gudi Kolhi, who was abducted by Rustam Junejo a year ago and forcibly converted to Islam and married to him, has managed to escape his clutches and reach home. She was kept imprisoned by Junejo and gang-raped by his family during this time.
1) On April 21 (local time), a ‘mentally ill’ Muslim woman created a ruckus at the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (Adams) Centre’s mosque in northern Virginia. Before her identity could be revealed, the fake news peddlers and propaganda social media handles claimed she was a Hindu and called her a “Hindu extremist”. However, their propaganda was busted by the ADAMS Centre itself.
2) A US couple – a ‘Jew’ husband & ‘Hindu’ wife runs two fronts respectively – one for Israel, one for India. Both are funded by George Soros, promoted by Islamists, and both use human rights as cover. Their sole objective is to run a conflict industry.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is evident, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface. Still, the double standards at play become apparent when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected] We also solicit support in maintaining the Hindu human rights tracker database.