5th of August, 2020 was a red letter day in Hindu History. After almost five centuries, Ram Temple was reclaimed at Ram Janmabhoomi in Ayodhya. Naturally, every practicing Hindu is eager to do sewa or donate for the construction of the temple. However, some unscrupulous elements have decided to make money at the expense of pious Hindus in the name of Ram Janmabhoomi donation.
Scams in the name of Ram Janmabhoomi donation
Recently, a scam was unearthed in which UPI IDs resembling that of the Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra trust were created. These IDs were being used to solicit donations from the public by scamsters. Twitter user Anshul Saxena, who tweets from the handle @AskAnshul warned about these UPI IDs. These has very similar spelling to the original UPI Id. Four of these seemed to be created by member of a certain Babbar-Dhawan family.
In future too, criminals might use some other strategies to con the public out of their hard warned money:-
- You may see fake websites in the name of the Trust crop up and the same might solicit donations. Indeed, Times of India reported a similar website which solicited donations in name of Ram Temple. An FIR was fled against the same. But as making a new website is quite easy, it is possible that more such websites will surface.
- You may get emails, SMS messages etc. claiming to represent Ram Janmbhoomi and soliciting donations. Immediately delete all such mails and SMS as these are a common way to cheat people.
- You may see online advertisements pretending to be from the Trust and asking for donations too. Avoid all such advertisements and donate directly to the Trust.
How to safely donate for construction of Ram Temple
Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra trust has established many different channels for you to donate to them. You can use any of the ways below to donate for Ram Janmabhoomi. These methods have been checked by HinduPost team and are given by the Trust itself.
- You can directly transfer the money in the account number of the trust. The current account number of the trust is 39161498809 and its saving account number is 39161495808. The account is maintained by State Bank of India, Naya Ghat Road, Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh and its IFS Code is SBIN0002510.
- You can send money through UPI at the UPI Id [email protected]
- You can also donate using SBI Collect under ‘religious institutions’ in Uttar Pradesh. The process of donation is also given at their website.
- You can also donate copper plates, to be used for joining stones at the temple. The trust has given the dimensions of the copper plates and the same can also contain your name, your village and kul-devata name. For details see below:-
You can contact the Trust for more details here. The trust has also released of steps for donation in an infographic which is being shared here.
It is up to the government in partnership with vigilant citizens to stop such scams from happening and protecting the astha as well as money of devotees. The scamsters who are using fake UPI ids should be booked and UPI IDs with similar spelling should be blocked.
We at HinduPost urge you to donate liberally for the construction of a grand Ram Temple. We also request you to beware of scams in the name of Ram Temple and also to make others aware about it.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.