Attacks on Hindus and Hindu Dharma, both in Bharat and overseas, are frequent and unrelenting. In many regions of the world, this persecution is like a genocide slowly unfolding before our eyes. For decades, the true depth and breadth of these attacks, driven by disturbing anti-Hindu bigotry, have been ignored by the world. From murders, forced conversions, land grab, assault on festivals, desecration of temples and murtis, hate speech, sexual violence to institutionalized & legal discrimination, Hindus are facing an increasing assault on their very existence along with an unprecedented Hindu hatred.
In this weekly summary for the period from 21 March to 27 March 2021, we hope to provide a snapshot of such crimes and hopefully awaken more people around the world to this human rights crisis:
1) A 50-strong Muslim mob attacked an entire colony in Delhi’s Sarai Kale Khan area, allegedly because a Muslim woman married a Hindu man living in that colony. The man is said to be from the SC Valmiki community (‘Dalit’).
2) Uttarakhand temple authorities have initiated action against Hindu Yuva Vahini for putting up banners barring the entry of non-Hindus following the Dasna incident. This is yet another assault on Hindus by government-controlled secular temple administration despite the fact that instances of temple desecration have been increasing across the country.
3) Yet another sickening video of a spitting cook emerged on social media, this time from Ghaziabad. Police immediately arrested the accused Mohammed Mohsin.
4) A group of local Muslims attacked the Sanjeev Prakashan office in Jaipur in alleged retaliation for content on Islamic terrorism that was published in a 12th Standard political science book way back in 2017.
5) A case of a 12-year-old minor being abducted and raped by Mohammad Sajid, a 42-year-old man with three wives and six children has come to light from Devarkadra Mandal in Telangana’s Mahabubnagar district. The incident occurred on 12 March when the minor was kidnapped by Sajid who is said to have sexually assaulted the girl as well as per reports.
6) A case of grooming of a 14-year-old minor has come to the fore from Samastipur in Uttar Pradesh. A Muslim youth is alleged to have abducted and forcibly married the minor in a nikah (Islamic marriage) ceremony.
7) TMC leader Sheikh Alam has threatened that the country can be splintered to form 4 new Pakistans if Muslims unite. In such a situation, where would the 70% Hindu population of the country go, Alam wondered.
8) In a case of grooming reported from Lucknow, a Muslim youth Afzal took on a Hindu identity and became Rajiv to trap and marry a Hindu girl. After marriage, however, he started to pressurize his wife for conversion and when the woman refused, the accused is said to have attempted to burn his wife and children alive in the house.
9) A Hindu youth named Anurag Pandey was lynched by three men Saddam, Shadab & Akhter, and was poisoned to death over some minor affair. The deceased father stated to police that 17-year-old Anurag before his death narrated his ordeal and how he was waylaid by the attackers and after beating him badly, they force-fed poison to him.
10) Barely three days after the murder of Valmiki Santram, the local Muslims showed further aggression by pelting stones at VHP leaders who had gone to Murwas village to seek justice for the martyr. While they were returning through the Muslim stronghold area of the village, the miscreants attacked them with stone and also fired in the air to terrorize them. A heavy police deployment has been undertaken in the area and the village is under curfew.
11) Three cow vigilantes were seriously injured in a fight with the cattle smugglers at National Highway No 16 near Ranital in the district on Wednesday. The injured have been admitted to the Bhadrak District Headquarters Hospital in critical conditions. According to reports, a team of cow vigilantes under the banner of Go Surakhya Samiti were trying to intercept three trucks in which over 300 cattle were being transported illegally. However, the smugglers launched attacks on the vigilantes with sharp-edged weapons, sticks, and stones, leaving three of them injured.
1) A Hindu woman who is a mother of four kids has been abducted in Gul Mohammed, in Pakistan’s Hyderabad.
1) Yet another Hindu temple has been attacked and desecrated in Bangladesh. This time, a Maa Kali murti was torched at a temple in Uttargaon village of Thakurgaon district’s Ranisankail Upazila on the night of March 18.
2) Hindu boy Sourav Chowdhary has been arrested on charges of blasphemy against Islam at Rowjan in Chittagong District.
3) 3 members of a Hindu family were forcibly converted to Islam by Mohammad Mozibur Rahman Mia at Coxbabazar Municipality in Coxbazar District.
4) Hindus were forcibly evicted from their land in Shatkira district’s Devhata by Mohammad Nazmul Islam.
5) Homes of Hindus were attacked and burnt in Muliy Union, Nadagati P.S, Narial district by local Muslims.
Most hate crimes are driven by anti-Hindu bigotry encoded in certain religious teachings and political ideologies. While the anti-Hindu hate in Islamic countries is obvious, there is another subtler form of anti-Hindu sentiment within institutions and the public sphere of ostensibly secular states (like India) that provides an enabling environment for Hinduphobia and hate crimes. This subtle, everyday discrimination can be missed unless one studies prevailing laws and patterns. The gradual ban on firecrackers during Diwali is a good example – it might seem pollution-related on the surface, but the double standards at play become clear when one looks at the larger picture of restrictions on Hindu festivals, and the lack of sound reasoning behind the ban.
We request all readers to share other anti-Hindu hate crimes that we might have missed in this period in the comments below or by dropping an email to [email protected]. We also solicit support in the maintenance of the Hindu human rights tracker database started by us.
Did you find this article useful? We’re a non-profit. Make a donation and help pay for our journalism.
HinduPost is now on Telegram. For the best reports & opinions on issues concerning Hindu society, subscribe to HinduPost on Telegram.